Chapter 12

Ridley POV

Groaning in annoyance as I can't get comfortable in my pajamas, I sit up and walk to my dresses. Stripping off my pajama pants and long t-shirt, I smile when I find Ferris' shirt that I borrowed. Throwing it over my head, I settle in my bed. As soon as my head hits the pillow, I'm out.

~Dream~

I'm laying in a bed, but it's not mine. The room is huge with a fireplace and balcony. The four poster bed sits against the wall and the moonlight shines through the balcony doors.

As my head turns from side to side, I catch sight of a figure coming out of a bathroom. Sitting up and leaning against the headboard, I watch as Ferris takes off his jeans to leave him in his boxers. I bite the inside of my lip as my eyes trail over the black ink swirled on his body.

He jumps on the bed and grabs my waist, pulling me down and under him. I laugh and wrap my arms around his neck. He smiles down at me, his bright white teeth shining in the darkness.

"I love you." He whispers. Dream me smiles back, pulling him closer.

"I love you more." Then he kisses my lips softly, trailing down to my neck. "Ferris."

I giggle when he squeezes my hips, tickling me. He freezes and rolls off me.

"Ferris?" I ask, sitting up again. He stands at the end of the bed, his chest moving heavily.

"I can't do it anymore." He says, closing his eyes.

"Can't do what?" I ask cautiously, throwing the covers back and stepping out of the bed. He observes my body and it's only then that I see that I'm in a tiny blue night dress with spaghetti straps that ends just below my ass.

"Can't do this." My heart drops as his face hardens.

Tears escape my eyes. "No, Ferris."

If he had a heart, it would surely be broken at the sound of my cries. He looks at me a moment longer before rushing over and swooping me into his arms, holding me close.

I breathe out slowly when he plays with the end of my hair. "Shhh. It's okay, Word."

A smile plays on my lips at the nickname before I grab him and hold him even closer. "Don't leave me. Please, Ferris."

"Never, Parola." (Word in Italian) But this time it sounds more distant.

I turn my head to see Ferris and his gold eyes meet mine before our lips touch.

~End of Dream~

Gasping, I sit up in bed, looking around. That was... different.
My window is open, the curtains fluttering in the breeze. Sliding to the side of my bed, my feet touch the cool floor, chilling me to the bone.
I close the glass, not liking the feeling of being watched. Quickly changing into a pair of boy shorts under the shirt, I creep down the stairs.
Taking a deep breath, I look around as I unlock the front door and slowly open it. I smile when the cool air blows my hair back.
Stepping onto the porch, my feet carry me to the steps where I sit, my body small against the large house behind me.
A chuckle makes me look up. I breathe out a sigh of relief when I see the familiar golden eyes that belong to Ferris.
"What are you doing here?" I ask, standing to my feet.
"I wanted to see you." I flush before frowning.
"How did you know I would be up?"
"I had a feeling." He gives me that charming boyish smile that warms my insides. And then I remember the night he made me cry.
He sees my change in attitude as I look to the ground, crossing my arms over my body as a source of comfort.
"What happened the other night... I didn't mean to..." He sighs, rubbing his jaw before stepping forward. "What I did was one of the worst things I could've done in my whole life. I hurt you when I didn't want to come close to it. I can't tell you enough, how many times I'm sorry."
I stay silent, looking down and biting my lip.
"Ridley-"
"Don't." I shake my head. "Don't call me that. I'm Word remember."
He looks up at me with a hopeful look in his golden eyes. I smile at him and he rushes forward, taking me on his arms.
I laugh until his lips are on mine.