Chapter 39

Ridley POV (All of the POVs like this are at the same time just so that you don't get confused and I know some of these chapters are kind of sounding like Twilight and I'm sorry. I don't mean them to be.)

It's been two months since I figured out that they left town. Just packed up and left. God, I feel like Bella now. I always thought she was stupid for just sitting there. Now I understand.

I go to and from school. I do my homework and then I just lay in bed. Dad wanted me to be comfortable but with Arabella here, I have to sleep in my own room. I ignore her jabs and comments as well as everyone else's. Everyday, I act like the clingy bitch that I am and call Ferris, just to hear his voicemail. I know that he listens to them because if not, the robot lady would be saying that his voicemail is full. I tell him about my day and what everyone says to me. And by the end of the message, I have at least one tear rolling down my cheek as I tell him that I love him before hanging up.

I'm getting better. The nightmares aren't as bad and I don't cry as much. But I guess that's mostly because dad made me go to the doctors after he figured out that I wasn't eating. I guess I lost like twenty pounds or something. They tried to put me on anti-depressants but I refused to take them. They tried to put me on some kind of pill that made me eat more but I refused to take those as well. I told them the same thing dad told me. That it was just a heartbreak and that I would get over it soon. That I would move on.

They believed me but only with the negotiation that I come in every week for a check-up. So, I agreed and hightailed my ass out of there. I hate hospitals. I haven't seen Robyn again or any of the guys. Sometimes, I think I see Skye or Elaine in a crowd but then they disappear.

Staring out the window once more, I pretend that he's looking at the moon too. But the truth is, he's probably just out finding some whore to feed from.

**Ferris POV**

Sitting at the edge of my bed, I listen to today's voicemail.

"Sometimes, I just call to hear your voice. It makes me feel better. Especially after today. Today, I was told that you left because I was a whore. Someone made up a lie about me cheating on you with six different people." That makes me clench my fist, the thought of her being hurt by one of them. "I just ignored them. I know that's what you would want me to do if you were here. Dad's been watching me, making sure that I eat. He even let me have chocolate for breakfast this morning."

I hear the slight happiness in her voice, making me smile before it drops when it's no longer there. "The doctor said I've lost more weight. He said that if I lose anymore that I'll have to stay at the hospital. But I can't. Every time I eat, I feel like I'm going to be sick. And I don't like the hospitals. Whenever I go there, all I can think of is the people that died there and that I could be one of them. I don't want that."

A commotion in the background makes her stop talking and me to wait anxiously to hear her again. "I have to go. Dad wants me to come downstairs. I wish you were here with me. I love you."

Her voice fades and turns into the robot lady asking me what I want to do with the voicemail. I save it along with all of the others. Standing to my feet, I walk out of my room and through the mansion. Ignoring the drooling of some of the servants, I walk past Annalise without a word.

Finally reaching the balcony where we had met Robyn, I lean against the railing, staring out at the setting sun. The warm rays of sun light beat down on my cold body and I welcome the annoying feeling. If I have to live without her, then I'm going to make my death insufferable for hurting her.