Chapter 8

Ridley POV
             Humming to myself, my fingers dance lightly across the worn book titles. I work at a bookstore named 'Dreams, Hope, and Books'. Kind of a weird name, I know, but a really good job.
              "Ridley, can you go around back and help get the rest of the boxes?" My slightly older boss, Emmet, asks as he brings a cardboard box in from the back.
                I nod and smile slightly, my thoughts still on my night at Ferris' house and the call from my cousin. After moving boxes for the next half hour, Emmet tells me I need to shelve them.
                  Looking at the 10+ boxes, I sigh. This is going to take a while.
☆☆☆☆
               Grabbing the last book from the boxes, I put it in the myths section. The bell above the door chimes as someone walks in.
              "Is there anything I can help you with?" I ask, reaching down to grab a fallen pencil. Turning around, I'm surprised to see someone familiar. Ferris. "Oh, hi. What are you doing here?"
             He points at a book on a shelf and I flush. "Oh, right."
             "Do you have anything on vampires?" He asks. I raise an eyebrow, a small smile on my face.
              I nod and brush my hair back, walking past him. Going towards the back, I stop at the last few shelves.
              "These are all the books on vampires. Don't worry about putting them in alphabetical order. I need to reshelve them anyway." He bends down, his fingers trailing over the spines of the books before looking up at me.
                "What do you recommend?" I blush at his question, surprised that he's actually asking me.
                "Well, I like those books where the cliche vampire falls for the human girl." I look down, a sheepish smile on my lips. "I would say either Twilight or Rachel Caine."
              He nods and looks back at the books. "Nice."
               "I'll just be up front if you need anything." He nods again and I walk away, releasing a deep breath.    Damn, that boy is fine.

                "I'll be back, Ridley. I just need to run to the warehouse in Townsend." I nod and wave at Emmet as he runs out the door.

            Recording the sales in a spreadsheet, I stop when a sudden yell makes me giggle.
            "WHY THE FUCK IS EDDIE SPARKLING?!?!" I bite my lip to stop laughing as I make my way to the back of the store.
             "He's a vampire. And his name is Edward." I shrug. He shrugs back.
              "Vampire's don't sparkle." He grunts, making me raise an eyebrow as my lips purse into an amused twitch.
             "How do you know? Are you one?" I giggle as he stiffens. "Just so you know, my blood is horrible."
             He looks back up at me, a darkened look in his eyes as I slowly sit next to him, my legs criss crossing unconsciously.
              "What's your blood type?"
              "Rh Negative." I say casually, my eyes roaming over the book titles.
              "That blood type is very rare." He says, a slight accent in his deep voice and a formal tone to his words.
             I look into his eyes with confusion. "How do you know that?"

              "Uh, my aunt was a doctor." He says. I nod. "You know, I think she said something about being a specific height at a certain age."

            I frown at his teasing. "That's not funny."

            "Yes it is. You're like half of me." He grins. It's like in the movies when his teeth are so white you expect to see them shine like a star.  

            "It's not my fault you're a giant." I laugh at his shocked face.

            "Why you little..." He trails off but puts the book down and tackles me to the floor, making sure I don't get hurt. His long fingers tickles my sides.

           I squeal as my body shakes. He stops his attack suddenly and looks down at me. It's only then that I notice he's holding his weight off my body and hovering over me. I swallow and search his eyes, a small smile still on my face as I grin stupidly at him. 

             His eyes drop to my lips and he moves closer. My eyes stay wide open in shock as my smile falls. I wait for him to press his mouth to mine but instead he goes down to my neck. I tense, waiting. Instead, I get licked. I squeal and shove him off me. 

             He sits up, chuckling loudly as I wipe my neck off. "And now you get to help me reshelve the books."

              He loses his smirk as I gain mine. "You're lucky you're cute, Shorty."

              I scowl at him as he chuckles once again. It's like we just went in a circle, dammit.