Chapter 22

Ridley POV

                         Taking my seat, I keep my eyes on the outside world. Dad decided that we have a 'family' dinner tonight at Maceno's. I didn't agree. 

                        I've ignored the boys and Ferris since yesterday, staying in the library most of the day. He came to my house last night, begging for me to listen to him and him saying he's sorry.

                        The silence between us is awkward and tense. Crossing my legs, I trap my shaking fingers in between my knees. 

                      "So... how was school?" Dad tries to break the silence. I lift one shoulder in a shrug before letting it fall half heartedly.

                        "Well, I payed a visit to Ridley's school yesterday and met her supposed boyfriend. He was with me the whole day. He's such a sweetheart and he kisses like no other. He does other things too." Arabella smirks at me from across the table. I swallow back the tears, keeping my eyes on the road outside.

                       "Is that true? Did he hurt you, Ridley?" Dad asks in shock, his hands clenching on the tabletop. I can't answer him as I see Ferris walk in with his friends, acting like nothing happened as he laughs.

                         Then he looks at me. I close my eyes and turn my head to my shoulder. "I need some air."

                         Moving my chair back, I stand quickly, not allowing them to stop me. I walk past Ferris' booth. He still stands, going to take his seat until I slide past him, my body barely touching him. 

                         As soon as I get out the door, I tilt my head back, letting the air blow my curls around. A flash of images reel in my head. Ferris with Arabella leaning against my wall and kissing. Hair grabbing, clothes tearing. I gasp as I get the feeling that it was real.

                        I Feel my eyes widen when I see the football team, some of the boys that saw Ferris and I, climbing out of trucks and cars.

                      Taking a fast breath, I spin around, walking back into the building. Ignoring Ferris' eyes, I walk back to my table and sit. My phone pings three times in a row and I grab it off the table. There are sixteen new messages. All from Ferris or Blu and Jason. I still don't know how the hell they got my number.

                    Noticing how the ones from Ferris tell me that he's sorry for what he did and the football team that sits next to them sneaking glances at me. Tapping the back of my phone as I purse my lips, I finally stand, grabbing my bag from the floor beside me. Stepping around tables and customers, I go to the bathroom. Locking the stall, I take the jeans and black tank top I always carry around out. Obviously because I'm so clumsy, I need to carry around an extra pair of clothes.

                      Changing quickly, I throw my hair into a high ponytail on the top of my head. Walking out of the bathroom, I head for the counter that Papi stands, drying a glass. He smiles at me but raises an eyebrow when I jump up on the counter, swinging my legs over to stand on the other side. Leaning forward, I cup my hand over his ear and whisper quietly to him.

                         He smirks and nods, looking over at Ferris' table as he laughs with the football team. Taking a deep breath, I take the microphone from him. It seems that he uses it for when kids have birthdays or special events. 

                      He lets out a sharp whistle and I look at him with wide eyes. He shrugs innocently. Glaring at him, I close my eyes, feeling everyone watching me.