Chapter 19

Ridley POV

                        My breath moves out evenly as I look around. It's dark with only a few windows allowing light to shine in. I frown in confusion when I see a gleaming box in the middle of the room. Stepping up to it, I notice it's a coffin

                         My chest heaves in fear as my shaking hands slowly open the lid. My mouth opens in a silent scream when I see my body in the coffin. Looking around further, I see the scene change to being in a church. My family and relatives all where black as they sit in the pews. Except for one.

                      Ferris. He wears a dark purple button up shirt. My favorite color. He stands in front of the pews, staring right at the coffin, like he's looking through me. I run up to him, waving my hands in his face, trying to get his attention. A lone tear falls down his cheek and he spins around suddenly, walking out of the church.

                       The scene changes again. This time, we're in the same room I had my second dream about him. He stands on the balcony, his shirt billowing in the wind. I open my mouth to speak but nothing comes out.

                      He turns, his pale body moving. I see that his shirt is unbuttoned as he walks to the bedside table and picks up a decorative dagger. He slides his fingers over it, testing the blade. 

                     And then he slams it into his chest. Finally, a noise comes out of my mouth. An ear-piercing scream makes him look up to see me just as he falls to the ground.

~Dream Over~

                          I bolt into a sitting position, my body dripping with sweat. I'm laying on the floor of my room, covered in my blankets as Arabella snores on my bed. It was all just a dream. I take a shaky breath and stand to my feet. 

                        Ferris' shirt hangs off my shoulder, making me shiver from the cool air. Quickly grabbing the pile of clothes from my dresser, I creep out of the room. Locking the bathroom door behind me, I turn on the shower. Stepping into the lukewarm water after stripping, I slowly turn the water to a hotter setting, letting my body get used to it.

                      After my shower and doing my morning routine, I climb into my new red Camaro. Dad bought it for me after the anniversary passed.

                     I feel... different today. Something good but something bad at the same time. 

                     Sliding my sunglasses over my eyes, I step out of my car. Hurrying to get inside, I shake the snow off my hood. Bad idea to wear leggings today. But at least I wore combat boots and a large sweatshirt that belongs to Ferris. I found it sitting in my dresser. It's so warm.

                      A smile plants itself on my lips as I think about Ferris. I remember how he only got to stay with me after bringing me dinner for a few minutes last night because he had to get his homework done. He was so sweet and even gave me a kiss on the forehead. The only downside to the night was Arabella gushing about how hot he is and how I don't deserve him. I tried telling her and my whole family that we're not dating but they won't listen.

                    My smile dims when Ferris doesn't come in to class but it brightens back up when I remember that we have the next class together. He doesn't show up. Neither do the boys. They must be sick or something.

                  My day was boring without them, the bullying worse because they weren't here.

                As soon as I open the front door, I'm met with the sight of Arabella shirtless in only her bra and skirt with some guy who's definitely older than her on the couch. He looks to be in his late twenties, early thirties. 

                 I scream, covering my eyes like a child. I hear shuffling and clothes being moved. My cheeks flush as I realize what I just saw.

                 "Ugh, it's you." Arabella scoffs. I frown internally. What does that mean?

                 Peaking through my fingers, I see her with her arms crossed over her still shirtless body. The guy at least has his pants on now.

                 "You can't just have some random guy here. What if it was my dad?" I ask, moving my hands away from my eyes.

                  "I'm not like her. I won't make the same mistakes." She sneers. My heart drops.

                  "No wonder they sent you here." I say quietly.

                  "What did you just say to me?" 

                  "I said no wonder why they sent you here. You are a horrible, obnoxious, rude slut who doesn't care about anyone or anything except for how much sex you have and how fat and ugly everyone else is compared to you!!" My chest heaves but it feels much lighter with the confession.

                    It's silent, her mouth open in shock and the guy stands with wide eyes as he takes in my small form. Yeah, fear me, bitch.

                   I shake my head and dash up to my room, kicking her shoes to the side along the way. My room is a mess, blankets and clothes everywhere. There's a thong hanging on my lamp and a bra on my door handle. I grit my teeth and grab everything that belongs to her. Throwing it in a pile at the end of my bed, I place my backpack on the floor by my desk and grab my phone and headphones.

                   Jogging down the stairs, I pass the living room where Arabella is now fully clothed and alone. "Ridley, wait."

                    I run out of the house, ignoring her protests. Stopping down the road, I plug my headphones into my phone and put them on. Pushing play on the first song I see, I listen to it, walking and looking around the scenery. 

                   Rihanna's Take a Bow begins playing through my ears. I hum along quietly, flipping my hood over my head. That's when I notice where my feet had been carrying me.

                   Ferris' house.