Chapter 34

Ferris POV

                    I now have complete access to Ridley's mind. Her thoughts are no longer blocked.

                   As we sit in the study, I feel her pain and hurt as well as how angry that she is. Moving forward, I stand to my feet. "Perfect. That was a great first impression."

                 Walking out of the room, I dash to where I know one of the nicer vamps here showed her where her room was, the one next to mine. Knocking lightly on the door, I hear her heart breaking sobs through the bond since all of the rooms are sound proof. Come on, we're vamps, we can hear anything in a ten mile radius. 

                 Opening the door, I see her curled in a ball next to the bed, her tiny body even smaller and shaking. Closing it behind me, I feel the guilt build. "Penguin."

                Walking slowly towards her, I kneel next to her small form. Gently touching her arm, she looks up at me. "What do you want?"

                  "I'm so sorry, Little Penguin. I never thought they would be like that. If you would like, you may go home. I will take you." I say, looking down.

                   Hearing her sniffle a little, she straightens into a sitting position. "It's your family. You haven't seen them in a while. I won't make you leave."

                    I look up at her in shock. "You would suffer for me?"

                    Her bright honey eyes are shining with adoration and another emotion as she nods. "Of course I would. I would do anything if it made you happy, Ferris."

                    My arms close around her, pulling her heated body to me. Her blood pounds deliciously through her veins and I stiffen, trying not to take in her scent. "You're hungry."

                  She gently pushes me away so she can look me in the eye. I shake my head, knowing that my eyes are shadowed. She gives me a look before swallowing. Moving the sleeve of her t-shirt to the side, she brushes her long hair back.

                  "Ridley, I can't." I speak, though my eyes stay on the throbbing of her pulse. Licking my lips, I almost give into the temptation. Almost but not quite.

                  "Ferris." I can hear the warning in her soft voice before she shifts closer. The predator inside me takes over but right before I sink into her skin, I kiss her neck softly. She gasps lightly as her blood washes around my me and drains into my mouth. 

                   Bringing my hands to her waist, I pull her closer to me so that she straddles my lap. She lets out a quiet moan, making my body flare with lust. Detaching my mouth from her, I notice that her heart beat is fast, excited from my presence. Licking the bite, I close it with my saliva, watching the points where my fangs went in get smaller and smaller until you can barely notice them. 

                     Squeezing Ridley to my body, I stand with her in my arms and move to the bed, placing her down on the patterned velvet purple blanket. She lays in the middle, staring up at me with her wide honey colored eyes. I feel my features soften as I climb up next to her. She shifts so that she's curled against me, her head on my arm and her knees against my rib cage. Rubbing her back softly, I press small kisses on her forehead from time to time. 

                     Suddenly, the door opens. Pulling the sleeping teenager closer to me, I look up. There stands my mother and father along with my brothers and sister. Turning back to Ridley, I carefully pull her to my lap. She turns her head into my chest, shivering as her warm skin meets my ice cold body. Grabbing a throw blanket from beside us, I cover her with it, watching her sink back into the darkness.

                       Looking up again, I glare at my so called family. "What do you want?"

                       "Ferris." My father hisses lowly, as not to wake Ridley up. "Don't speak to us like that."

                      "I will if I choose to. What do you want?" 

                     "I never knew what happened. I didn't mean for her to do that." My mother says softly, staring at the pale skinned, black haired beauty in my arms.

                     "Whether you did or not, it still hurt her." I speak lowly. 

                     "I would love to make it up to her. At the ball. Let me help her get ready." My mother begs, my little sister nodding her head along with her. Glancing down at my little penguin as she frowns before pulling her self closer to me unconsciously.A small grin leaks onto my lips as she lets out a sigh of comfort and safety. 

                      "If you make her cry, I'm never coming back here again. If you say something to her that hurts her, I'll know." I talk, looking back up. 

                      "You bonded with her." Arbor whispers. I nod. Waving them out of the room, I hold my little penguin as close to me as possible without breaking