Chapter 27

Ridley POV

                   "We're vampires." He breathes in my ear. That would explain the coldness of his skin, the biting, and the no heartbeat as well as his looks.

                   I feel my heartbeat slow as I'm pulled into a slight trance as my eyes meet Jason's. Glancing around me, I'm no longer in the kitchen but in a forest with a giant waterfall. The guys surround me and I watch as Ferris slips off a rock and falls into the water, causing me to laugh.

                    Then it's over and I'm back in the kitchen, in Ferris' arms. Jason has a slight smile on his face as he stares at me. I look at him with gratitude. That made me relax even more.

                    My hand comes out to touch Ferris' arm around my waist and the one around my mouth. He slowly lets go and I look down at the blood covering me. Frowning, I sit on the counter, grabbing the hand towel laying by the sink and turn on the water to get it wet. Turning it off, I start washing off the blood. Ferris comes over to help me reach down by my feet. 

                     "You're weirdly quiet." I shoot a look at Blu. Stupid jerk. He just smirks at me.

                     "Well, it's not everyday horror stories come true." I murmur, watching Ferris. He looks up at me with guilt and I sigh. "You guys really aren't that bad. I guess I'm just waiting for the shock."

                       "You know, we could hurt you at any moment." Ferris stands and backs away from me.

                     "If you wanted to hurt me, you would've done it the first time we were alone. You don't want to hurt me," I look at him with confidence, lifting my chin. "You want me safe."

                      He raises an eyebrow. "Oh, do explain."

                       "I'm guessing the first time I was here, you gave me blood and not fruit punch." He nods hesitantly. "So, if you wanted me to die, you wouldn't have given me blood. You were worried the night I was at work and you decided to read about vampire."

                       The guys turn to him with weirded out looks. "What? I wanted to see what the humans come up with."

                     "Last night, you wouldn't have pushed me out of the way. You would've let me get hit. So, in conclusion, you do care." I smirk, straightening my body. "And I wouldn't have half your clothes."

                          Blu pokes him. "What did I tell you?"

                         "Shut up." Ferris mumbles moodily. "So you're not going to freak out on us?"

                         "For now." I cross my legs over each other. "How are you vampires?"

                         They sit back in their positions around the kitchen but Ferris stands, leaning against the island. "We were born."

                           Raising in eyebrow in confusion, he sighs. "I guess I'll have to start from the beginning. In our world, the status of power comes from our ancestors. The people who changed us. If our great, great, great grandparents were changed by an older vampire, the more power they got. If the vamp was younger, the less power.

                                 "When they had our great great grandparents, the power was passed down, making the line stronger. So when our great grandparents were born, they passed it to our grandparents then to our parents who passed it down to us. The process of reproduction for vampires is the same as humans." He gives me an amused look as my eyes widen and my cheeks flush, making me look down. "When we're born, we age the same until we get to a certain age. The stronger the power, the younger you look when you stop aging."