Chapter 36

Ridley POV

                       In front of me stands my missing twin sister. She stands in a beautiful blue dress that accents her brown hair and makes her blue eyes pop. 

                       "Robyn." I breathe out. 

                       "Riddle." Tears come to her eyes as I stare at her.

                       "Y-You left." I whisper, still hurt.

                      "I know I did. And it was a mistake." She steps forward, trying to talk but I shake my head.

                       "No, leave me alone. You left and you weren't going to come back." Glancing back at Ferris, I see him staring down at me. "Ferris, take me home."

                        He nods and wraps me into his arms. He speeds off and I curl myself further into his chest. It's only around six hours from here but when he's using his speed it doesn't take more than a half hour. He climbs through the window, placing me on my feet as he closes it behind us. I wobble a little but keep myself standing. My parents are at a Christmas party until tomorrow and Arabella is visiting her parents.

                         "I can't believe she's..." I trail off, wrapping my arms around myself. I'm too much in shock to cry. Ferris wraps his cold arms around me and I lean my head on his chest, taking slow deep breaths. 

                       "It'll be okay, my little penguin. Everything will sort itself out." He murmurs, rubbing my back as his fingers slowly twirl themselves in my hair. He pulls away suddenly, stepping back. I feel hurt wiggle it's way into my body but I push it away as best as I can. He's not mine to be hurt over. 

                       "What is it? What makes you so different? What makes me want to protect you and never hurt you? To keep you safe from harm?"

                       A small smile flits its way onto my lips. "What you feel... that's called love."

                      "Love. Monsters don't love." He frowns.

                     "You're not a monster."

                  "I drink blood and have fangs. I'm a monster." He deadpans, staring down at me with those mysterious gold eyes.

                 "Then you're my monster." With that, I step forward and bring my hand up to cup his face, gently pulling his lips down to mine. Our lips are barely attached before he moves back again.

                  "I can't. I can't lost control with you." He grunts to himself, taking deep breaths to calm himself. 

                   "Ferris," I swallow, feeling the heat rush to my cheeks and that pit of nerves to be created again. "I need to be close to you."

                      His head snaps up, his eyes wide in shock. "What are you talking about?"

                     "After what happened today, I just need to be close to you right now. As close as I can be." My words come out rushed but I know he caught it all. My face is definitely as red as my dress by now.

                       He steps forward, grabbing my biceps and pulling me closer. "Do you really mean that?"

                      Bringing my head up, I slowly nod. He bends down, kissing me softly. A light moan leaves my lips as his hands come down to grab my waist and tug me closer to him. His hands slip behind me to grab the zipper of my dress. I hear the noise and feel the cool air as it falls to the floor, leaving my in my boots and my strapless red bra and underwear.