Chapter 18

Ridley POV

My heart races in fear. My eyes slowly roam over the rest of his face. Ferris. So, why are his eyes red instead of gold?

My breathing becomes ragged when I notice the little veins under his eyes popping out and his pointy fangs. Oh my god. He's a vampire.

His breath brushes over my skin, raising goosebumps. His head tilts down towards my neck and I tense, tears falling down my cheeks.

"F-Ferris. Please." I cry. He moves his head back so his red eyes meet my gaze. And then he lunges for my throat.

Letting out a painful scream as he tears through the skin, I collapse in his arms. Slowly, I begin to feel the darkness coming up. Wanting to get away from the pain, I dive head first into it.

Ferris POV

I feel her small body go limp in my arms as my mouth takes in her blood. I know I need to stop before I kill her, but I can't. Her blood is too sweet.

Suddenly, I'm thrown backwards and away from Ridley. I snarl and stand to my feet after hitting the wall. Jason is kneeling down beside Ridley while the rest of the guys stand in front of her protectively, snarling.

"You almost killed her." Blu says.

"She's losing blood. Her pulse is slow." Jason says loudly, drawing me out of my bloodlust. That's when I hear the slow beating of her pure heart. Oh god.

I go to rush over but Steven and Stephen grab my arms, holding me back. I snarl at them, trying to get to her as Blu and Everest go to her and Jason.

"Ferris, calm down." Jason yells. "If you want her to live, then stop."

I do as he says but Steven and Stephen still hold me back. I clench my jaw, trying not to focus on the scent of her blood that I know is affecting all of us.

"She needs blood." Jason says suddenly, keeping his hand over her neck to stop the bleeding. I probably nicked a vein.

I watch Everest bring his wrist to his mouth and bite down, slicing his pale skin open. He gently lifts Ridley's head off the cement ground and places it in his lap.

Her eyelids flutter and he lowers his head to her ear. "Drink."

He compelled her to drink, lifting his wrist to her mouth and parting her soft pink lips. I jolt, trying to get out of their arms when I see the blood trickle between her lips.

But they still hold me back. Suddenly, her hand flutters up to touch his hand, holding it gently down to her mouth as she guzzles the red liquid. He pulls away, making her drop her hand. She coughs, some of the blood dripping out of her mouth as her body sinks back into unconsciousness.