Chapter 17

Ridley POV

I roll my eyes at Ferris. He's been way too protective over me since I got sick. It was just a stomach infection and he's acting like a nuclear bomb went off inside me. Right now, he has me sitting on my bed while he blocks my door with his large frame.

"Please, Giant." I pout. "I can't be late for work."

Widening my eyes, I see his resolve fade slowly before he sighs. "Fine, but I'll bring you dinner."

I roll my eyes once again but nod. He moves to the side and I walk to the door with my bag. Just before I walk out, he stops me with his warm breath on my neck.

"Just remember, I won't always let you get what you want." With that, he presses a soft yet lingering kiss to my neck, making me shiver. I flush and walk quickly out of the room.

***

Sighing in relief, I finally close the front door behind me. It's been a long shift. I guess Ferris forgot about bringing me dinner because he never showed. As I walk up the steps, a pit settles in my stomach. It grows even more when I stop outside my room.

It's opened about an inch and I see the lamp on from inside, the shadow of two figures on the wall. Quickly pushing it open, I see Ferris standing with his hands on Arabella's waist and their lips locked while she runs her hands through her soft hair. I gasp, tears filling my eyes.

The gasp causes them to break apart, Arabella's chest rising and falling as Ferris stares at me with panic. "Parola, I didn't-"

"Don't. Don't try to explain yourself." I whisper, a tear running down my cheek as I drop my bag on the floor and bound down the steps, throwing the front door open and forgetting to grab my shoes and coat.

I run as fast as I can, trying to distance myself from the situation I just saw. It doesn't help much but it does some.

Just as I go to turn the corner, something pushes me into an ally, holding me close. I gasp, both in fear and loss of breath. Then my eyes open. Red eyes hover over me.

Holy shit.