Underestimated.(Hinata Shōyō)

-Hinata is so fucking cute~ He's the kind to be either really cute, or HELLA YANDERE and scary. Season two's first episode proves that LOL.-

"YAHO!!!!!!!! THIS IS SO COOL!!" Hinata exclaims enthusiastically, practically jumping up and down like a little puppy.

"It's really not that exciting..." You grumble as you hug yourself to somehow warm you up from the chilly air.

"(Your Name). You're just being pessimistic!! Today is going to be so fun! You'll see! I'll make sure you have the best camping trip experience ever!" He flashes you a big toothy grin and you cannot help but smile back at him. His smile was always so contagious.

You had been dating Hinata for over a year now, and now that you both were in the same high school, things were just looking up for the both of you. Karasuno's basketball team had arranged a week of camping at a camp exclusively for volleyball players. The facilities were great with advanced nets and outdoor courts for people to practice at.

Since it was the time where all the other schools in the area attended this camp, you spot a few of the other teams that Karasuno had played against in the previous match-ups. Being one of the most intimidating teams in the lot, you had to withstand everyone exchanging death glares and competitive stares. Hinata's cheeky demeanor vanishes and is replaced with a stare of menace. Daichi probably did the right thing by ushered the team away before things could get more out of hand.

As the team practices, you help Hitoka and Kiyoko with the retrieval of the balls during the spiking drill. You jog over to the other side of the courts and bend down to pick up the ball that Asahi had spiked. His powerful contact with the ball had sent it bouncing into the other area, and you had no choice but to go ahead and find it. After a few minutes of searching vigorously, you finally locate it. As you reach down to pick it up, a pair of someone else's hands grab it just before you do and you are forced to look up in confusion.

"You must be one of Karasuno's little cute managers. Man...they have it lucky with all you hot managers. Say, why don't you come and play with us? I'm sure we'll be more fun. If you know what I mean." He winks sleazily and you shudder.

"No thanks. I'm not interested in men like you, besides, I have a boyfriend." You answer without faltering and you could feel the anger growing in the man's face.

"(Your Name)!! What's taking you so long to-" Hinata's chirpy voice interrupts the dangerous silence and his words falter as he realized that you had company.

"Who's this little orange moppet?" The man cackles loudly, encouraging his other friends to follow suit.

"I'm Hinata Shōyō. Do you have some kind of problem with my girlfriend?" He walks up in front of you protectively; his guard set up high.

"HE'S your boyfriend? How much of a desperate bitch are you? How the hell is he playing volleyball in the first place? Bet he can't even reach the fucking net." He provokes as he tosses the ball up and down with a big punchable grin plastered on his face.

Just as you were about to take a step forward to defend yourself as well as Hinata, Hinata was one step ahead of you. He walks up steadily with his piercing eyes never once leaving the man's eyes. His actions resembled the instincts of a tiger stalking its prey for the shutdown. You could almost see the uncertainty and fear being embedded into the man's eyes. Hinata then breaks into a run and leaps into the air as he snatches the ball and jumps right over the man that was twice his size.

The sound of his shoes landing on the sand echoes through the scene as everyone is speechless. Even you were taken aback by his improved jumping ability, and you had seen him jump multiple times in the past. He rests the volleyball on his hips before walking back to you; holding on to your hand softly and protectively. He looks up at your eyes and gives you his usual bright and cherubic grin before pulling you along with him, back to the team that awaited your return.

"They won't bother us anymore~" he confirms with a bubbly tone.

"How do you know that for sure?" You ask curiously.

"Trust me (Your Name)-chan. They DO NOT want to mess with me again. I just gave them a little warning." He says it innocently enough, but his eyes said otherwise and you cannot help but shudder at the thought of what he was capable of when provoked and angry.

"Now let's go back! Kageyama is going to kill me for ditching him during our duo play drill...!"