Attraction.(Kenma Kozume)

-Enjoy!-

  Kenma Kozume was a very interested lad indeed. He was quiet and reserved most of the time, and you had no idea how to approach him in the beginning. Everyone in Nekoma High understood how peculiar he was, but they also acknowledged his dexterous presence on the volleyball court. You never really understood what they were talking about until you actually witnessed his raw potential. You weren't just taken aback by his overwhelming techniques, you were more drawn to the fact that he was a completely different person on the court. Ever since then, you had been secretly admiring him from a distance. After all, you were that one person that knew exactly how antisocial Kenma was. There was no way that you would confess to someone who seemed to have no intention of getting to know you either.

  You weren't particularly close to anybody besides Kuroo. So it was pretty hard when it came to trying to avoid Kenma at all costs. You were always aware of his presence, but you never really wanted to approach him. Believe it or not, you were almost as antisocial as he was. Kuroo was the only one that actually spent his time trying to get to know you better. The thing was, he probably knew more about you than you thought.

"(Your Name), do you have feelings for Kenma?" the black-haired man asked you out of the blue.

"Wh-what? What gave you that idea?" you stuttered as your sandwich stops midair.

"I just had a feeling." he smirked as he brings his spin up to his mouth before returning his attention to his bento.

"What do you mean by 'you had a feeling'?" you said with an exasperated sigh.

"You just look at Kenma with that look. It's pretty obvious to me." he replied succinctly.

"Listen Kuroo-" you started to say something but you are forced to bite your tongue as you saw someone sit down next to you through the corner of your eye.

"Yo Kenma." Kuroo greeted with a knowing grin.

  You flashed him a warning with a glare before observing your sandwich. You hoped that he didn't overhear the conversation. But even if he didn't, you had a hard time making small talk with the cat-like man beside you.

"Hey (Your Name), how are you doing?" a simple question escaped his lips.

"G-good, thanks." you nod before taking a bite out of the untouched sandwich.

  You felt a sharp nudge at your foot and glanced up to see Kuroo motioning at you with urgent gestures. Any normal human being would never have been able to understand or interpret what he was implying, but you knew him all too well. He was telling you to make a move. Normally, you would have just threw away the idea straight away, but a part of you wanted to get to know him better. 

"U-um. I've heard that there is this video game convention being held in Tokyo this weekend. I got a few tickets from someone I know, so I was wondering if you would like to go together?" you mumbled softly as you look down at your feet in embarrassment.

"Really? That's cool. I would love to." he replied with a small smile that sent blood rushing to your cheeks. He had also taken his attention away from his gaming device to look you in the eyes. That was pretty huge for someone like him.

"BWAHAHAHAHAH-" Kuroo begins to guffaw as he just witnessed you actually taking a step out of your comfort zone. "So it's a date then?"

  Kenma doesn't reply as he gets back to his video game on his PSP. Kuroo definitely said it loud enough, and Kenma's silence seemed to confirm his best friend's words. Maybe it was just your imagination, but you swore to have seen a small red tint in his cheeks. 

~~~

Dear Readers,

I am so sorry. LOL. This didn't turn out as well as I wanted it to. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed it. Have a good day/night wherever you are. <3

Love,

Winnie.