Pride 2.(Tsukishima Kei)

-Here is the sequel! Enjoy! The artwork does not belong to me!-

  Tsukishima's room was filled with the sounds of pages flipping and pencils scratching against notebook paper

  Tsukishima's room was filled with the sounds of pages flipping and pencils scratching against notebook paper. He shuts his text book as soon as he finishes the last question before leaning back in his chair to stare at the blank ceiling. The lights flickered and he had to squint to avoid it from hurting his eyes even more. He didn't want his eyesight to get even worse after all. He glanced at the clock to find it ticking by midnight, he had been so immersed in his work, that he completely lost track of time itself. Even with the sky being pitch black, he found himself becoming more and more alert as your face dawns up in his mind.

 Even with the sky being pitch black, he found himself becoming more and more alert as your face dawns up in his mind

  He clicked his tongue in annoyance and slapped himself with both hands to snap out of it. Yet his worries got bigger and bigger, until he finally let his inner conscience take over. He runs his thumb along the contact list to find your name positioned right at the top. He takes a deep and shaky breath before inching his finger closer to the call button. At that very moment, his phone buzzes up loudly and he almost drops his phone in surprise. He analysed the caller number to find that it was a number that he didn't know at all.

"Hello, this is Kei." he answered as he took note of the ominous heaviness growing in his chest.

"Ah Kei, I'm sorry for calling so late. I am (Your Name)'s father," a worried voice echoed over the line. "Is she with you by any chance? She hasn't come home yet, and I'm getting very worried about her whereabouts."

A lump forms at the back of Tsukishima's throat as he tries to process what he had just heard. He started to imagine all the thing that could've happened to you, and none of them were pleasant at all. His heart thuds against his chest as his eyes swivel around as the anxiousness sent his brain's intellectualisation process off the roof.

"She isn't with me, sir." Kei mumbled as he hurriedly began to shove necessities into his backpack.

"Oh god. I was praying that you wouldn't say that. Where could this silly girl be?"

"Sir. I'll go look for her. I'm sure she's fine." Tsukishima swallowed as he swung his front door open before shrugging on his bag.

"Thank you! Oh! Thank you so much!"

~~~

Where could she have gone?

Come on, THINK, dammit!

What if something happened?

What would you do then!?!

These thoughts repeated themselves in Kei's head as he searched the neighbourhood from every crack to every edge. There was no sign of you, and he was beginning to get even more worried. He regretted everything he had done and said to hurt you, because he knew that if he hadn't said any of it, you would be safe. Just when he thought matters couldn't get any worse, he feels a splash on his face to see the sky clouding up. It was going to rain.

By the time Kei reached the creek in which you both used to play at, his hair was matted flat to his head, and his glasses were dripping with water droplets. He keeled over to catch his wheezing breaths before frantically searching with his desperate eyes. He had seriously searched every single place he could think of, and this was his last resort. At that moment, he spots you hovering on the other side of the creek with a troubled look. The water was usually harmless most of the time, but since the rain was never-ending, the calm waters had morphed into a dangerous gushing stream of water. It would be too dangerous to cross on feet. 

Your eyes meet and he watched your eyes widen in shock

Your eyes meet and he watched your eyes widen in shock. He could see the tears streaming down your face, and judging by redness, you've been crying for a very long period of time. A sharp pang hits him square in the chest, and he uses his emotions to fuel his determination to bring you back to the safe zone.

"(Your Name)! Listen! You need to jump!" he calls over with his voice almost cracking in the process.

"K-Kei! I can't! I'm scared!" you whimper as you took another step backwards.

"Remember when we were kids? I would always catch you. That won't change today," he says firmly before locking his golden eyes with yours once again. "I promise, so trust me."

So you jumped.

You trusted him.

  The falling sensation is short-lived, and you feel his pair of strong arms tug you into his body as he absorbs the impact of the jump. Your hands automatically clench on to his back as the trembling sets in. Maybe it was just in your head, but his embrace constricts you even tighter protectively. You feel his nose brush along the side of your neck as he leans over your shoulder. Kai's pride, stubbornness and hatred seemed to be washed away with the rain itself as it was soon replaced with the nostalgic fondness he felt for you.

"It's okay (Your Name). You're safe."