Halloween.(Ryūnosuke Tanaka)

- Blasting music in my ears to mask my mom's stupid fucking bullshit :).Fun.I was planning on writing a fluffy Halloween themed oneshot, but it contorted into an angst because I feel like shit. So sorry.Enjoy.-

"So, any of you going out for trick or treating tonight?" Hinata asks as he jumps up and down in excitement.

"We're in high school Hinata...I don't think they'd give us any." Daichi scratches the back of his head as he tries to reason with them to get out of doing something so embarrassing.

"Sounds like a great idea Hinata! I'm totally going." Tanaka pumps his fists in the air before high fiving the small giant.

Maybe it was a mistake to sigh at that moment, because you would then attract the attention of the two idiots. You immediately regret it as the air streams out of your mouth noisily, especially since Tanaka had exceptionally good hearing.

"Oh (Your Name)! You're coming too right?!" Nishinoya pats your back hard and you reel forward as you feel the sting from where his hand had made contact.

"U-um..wouldn't it be more fit if Shimizu-senpai went instead...I'm merely just a trainee mana-" You try to quickly pull yourself out of it, but Tanaka quickly slings his arm around your shoulder.

"Come on (Your Name)! A manager is still a manager! You have to come!" He grins ear to ear and you feel your heart thud hard against your chest. You were in the process of praying that he wouldn't notice and Kiyoko walks in just in time to take his attention off of you.

"I'll think about it," You give a wry smile as you shrug him off gently before slinging your backpack on your back. "Well I think I'm going to go home. I'll call if I can make it."

You felt your heart aching. You wished that Tanaka would look at you in the way he looked at Kiyoko. You didn't hate her, in fact, you had mad respect for her. But that wasn't the issue here. She was so beautiful, that your presence was almost masked by it. You've struggled all this time to gain his attention, but it always backfired. You were never the kind to get depressed over unrequited love, but you couldn't just shut off these emotions. Sometimes, you hated that you couldn't.

You dive straight into your warm and cozy bed after a quick rinse and take a deep breath before bringing your pillow to your chest. Maybe that was an attempt to fill what seemed to be a hole in your chest. You almost doze off to sleep until the vibration buzzes against your bed. You scroll through your messages as a crease forms between your brows.

Kiyoko: What are you wearing tonight? =•_•=

(Your Name): Not going.

Kiyoko: ...Why?

(Your Name): Don't feel like it.

Kiyoko: Is it because of Tanaka?

(Your Name): Huh. No.

Kiyoko:...Okay. I'll let the guys know then.

(Your Name): K.

Kiyoko: Bye.

(Your Name): Save me some candy though.

Kiyoko: Will do.

You heave another one of your famous sighs as you drift into sleepiness again. Your phone slips out of your grip as your eyes weigh down heavily. The phone begins to buzz immediately with the name "Tanakass", but you had already fallen into deep sleep.

"(Your Name)...there's some boy at the door wanting to see you for a second." the most annoying voice in the world calls into your room and you dig your face into your pillow.

"Ughhhhhh..." You groan as your mother turns on the light.

"Besides, it's Halloween. Shouldn't you be out with your friends instead of napping around." She nags.

"I like naps...thank you very much." You grumble as you pull yourself up as you drag your body downstairs. You don't even ask who this boy at the door was, but you probably didn't even care at that moment.

"What the hell do you wan-" You start as you throw open the door to see a weird looking skeleton demon standing out your door with 2 buckets full of candy. You blink for a second until you realise that the one standing in front of you is Tanaka.

"Ah...I know you're not feeling too great but I brought you your share." He smiles kindly as he hands you the one bucket of candy and you take it hesitantly.

"Th-thanks I guess." You mumble and as you are about to close the door on him.

"(Your Name)?" This time it was his turn to be hesitant.

"Yeah?"

"Why didn't you come out with us today? Was..was it because of me?" His usual loud and obnoxious voice fades to an unusually soft one.

You don't answer his question, in fact, you don't even open your mouth.

"Because if it is. I'm sorry. For some reason, I can't stand you being upset with me. So-"

"Why?! You don't even have feelings for me. Why don't you go tell Kiyoko this bullshit?" You cannot help but snap at him at last.

He takes a step back in surprise.

"Kiyoko? What does she have to do with-"

"Stop acting dumb Tanaka. You look at her with that LOOK, stop making me feel like this for you. I just end up getting hurt over and over again, and I'm sick of it."

"(Your Name)..I'm-"

"Just go, and take this shit with you. Good night." You toss the bucket of candy and watch it collapse all over the pavement before shutting the door.

Tanaka just stares at the array of candy, somehow, it represented how he felt like now.

Scattered and Disheveled.