A Game of Love.(Kenma Kozume)

-Thank you for requesting a Kenma fluff! I hope you enjoy!-

You run your damp towel through your hair as you exit the bathroom with a huge satisfied sigh. The cold air instantly makes you feel refreshed after spending a little too long in the stuffy washroom. Your legs give out underneath you and you plop down on to your soft sheets before breathing in the fresh scent of fabric softener. Your boyfriend must've done the laundry today. With him on your mind, you open your eyes lazily to see him positioned in front of the screen clicking away at his game controller.

"Honestly Kenma, are you still playing?" you mumble as you drag yourself over to him before wrapping your arms around his shoulders.

"(Your Name), this is uncomfortable. I can't play like this." he complains subtly but doesn't move away from your snuggles.

Kenma has been your long term boyfriend all throughout high school. He decided to ask you out in middle school, after ages of building up to that stage that is. However, you both have very similar personalities and interests, especially when it comes down to playing games. The perfect date was one where you'd check into a game room and play online games together all day, and it still is the plan whenever you got bored after classes. Many other couples from school mocked you for being antisocial, and predicted that you both wouldn't go long without breaking up. Well, the jokes on the them as you are still together.

"Give it a rest now, Kenma. You promised to stop where I saved! We're supposed to finish the game together, silly!" you giggle and start to tickle his sides cheekily.

He squirms while biting his lips, his helpless laughter echoes like music in your ears. His laugh was always something cute to listen to, and he never really did smile or laugh around anybody else. You feel somewhat special to experience the sides that he only shows you. His game character dies and the large and daunting letters of defeat take up the screen, and he is left pouty while you gleam with helpless satisfaction.

"That's what you get for going ahead." you smirk and he sticks his tongue out at you jokingly.

Whenever he did that, he reminds you of a cat that you see everyday on the way to school. A blush creeps up on your face as you catch yourself thinking about something ridiculous again. Being the perspective one out of the lot, he picks up on your facial expression and presses his cheek against yours. Kenma wraps his arms around you like a child and clings to you for a moment before giving you a small peck. He is never one to show such fond emotions to anybody, so this is an occurrence that happens once in a blue moon. Kenma pulls on your arm gently and guides you towards the bed before wrapping his arms around your waist as he pulls the covers up. Just as you are about to say something, his soft words escape his mouth first.

"Let's just stay here for a while. Together." he breaths before knocking foreheads with you.

His hair tickles your nostrils and you run your hand through his messy locks, combing through it soothingly. Soon you feel his grip on your side loosen up and look up to see him sleeping peacefully. His steady breathing comforts you, and you trail the tip of your fingers through the maze of his face. He seems so innocent most of the time, but when he's asleep, his facial features make him more angelic than ever. Kenma's button nose twitches ever so slightly as your thumb runs over it. Next, his lips feel pulp and warm under your touch. You steal a soft kiss from these lips, totally smitten by how much you loved him. Listening to him sleep, it acts as a lullaby for you as your heart beat slows to match his rhythmic exhales and inhales. Just as your eyelids flutter shut, your mind wonders if he'll love you unconditionally. Will you be together forever?

"I love you...Kenma Kozume."

After you fall into a soft slumber, Kenma opens his eyes after pretending to be asleep for quite some time. He analyses your face carefully, memorising every feature. He wants to burn you in the back of his memory, just like saving in game. He wants to indulge in your love again and again without giving up, just like how he remained dedicated to getting to another level in his games. The lingering fear of losing you plagues his mind from time to time, but it dissipates whenever he reminds himself that you'll never leave him. He pulls your body closer to his chest protectively, before falling asleep again.

Why does it even matter?

All that matters is she loves me now, and that'll be more than enough for me.

In a game, the levels get harder and harder as you progress over time. That's it. It's just like a game. A game where love conquers all.