Our Bright Family.(Daddy!Kageyama x Reader)

-Thank you for requesting! Enjoy!-

  Life has been great so far. You are married to the love of your life, and you also brought a child into this world. Your son constantly reminds you of the sun and light.  Before you even met your him, Kageyama Tobio was just one of many volleyball professionals that existed in Japan. You didn't even think that you'd be married to a famous sportsman back then. As cheesy as it sounds, fate brought you two together. How can two totally different people fit so impeccably well together? Your relationship was very rocky in the beginning. Constant fights, arguments and disagreements bombarded your supposedly flawless love for each other. But you worked through the storms and were both rewarded with the warm support of one another. It's been a while since you all went on a vacation as a family, since Kageyama is usually always busy and physically drained after numerous official matches over the course of a week. However, he finally gets his well-deserved hiatus, and he plans to spend it well with you and (Your Son's Name) on the sandy beaches of Malibu.

  The warm breeze caresses your face and you close your eyes as the cooling sensation warps around your body. The sun glares down on you, but you feel your muscles relax as your eyelids grow droopy. The damp swimsuit that clung to your body is starting to dry up, and you let out a small contented sigh before looking through the scenery to spot your husband and your son on the sand. They are both busy complaining about how hot the sand is, but soon decide to finally overlook it and have some fun. Your lips curl up as you watch them struggle to set up the net. You can see Kageyama's scowl from all the way over here and silently laugh at how irritable he seems to be getting. Your perfectly manicured toes hit the powdery sand below as you decide to go over and offer some help. You may not know much about volleyball gear, but you know enough from being team captain of the varsity team in your university days.

"Can I do anything to help?" you offer gently and Kageyama turns around to shake his head.

"No, I got it." he answers a bit bluntly, but it's clear that he is having trouble untying the tight knots on the rope.

"Here, let me." you place your hand on his shoulder and he steps aside with a mad blush on his face.

  While you labour with the equipment, Kageyama hauls his son in his arms as he takes on the job of entertaining him while he waited. You catch a glimpse at him kicking sand at his tiny replica with annoyance, and burst out laughing without even thinking about it. With him being a new parent, he never really knows how to handle a child on most days. Usually he'd man handle your son and end up having him rushed to the hospital for stitches, or he'd make him scream even more when trying to quell him. Even with all these complications, he tries his best to be the best father he can be. And the effort seems to be paying off. When you finally get it set up, you wave them over and your son comes tumbling towards you with his tiny arms outstretched.

"Momma..." he pouts as if he's about to burst into tears again before pointing at his father accusingly. "Daddy kicked sand into my eyes."

"I'm sure he didn't mean to, (Your Son's Name)." you say extra sweetly as you look up to glare at your husband knowingly. "Right, Tobio?"

"Y-yeah." he stammers before scratching the back of his head with embarrassment.

  Your anger ebbs away and you aim the ball at Kageyama and he catches it with inhumane speed. Before you know it, you both are totally engaged in a game of one versus one and the battle continues on. It doesn't look like it's going to end soon, but your son tripping over the lumpy sands grasps your attention, causing you to look away from the volleyball that is hurtling towards your face. It makes contact with your cheekbone with a painfully audible smack, and the force sends you hurtling into the sand. It stings a little, but you know it's nothing serious. However, after seeing your lover bound towards you in worry, you decide to roll with it and shrink away when he tries to help you up.

"Are...are you hurt?!" he exclaims anxiously and you bite your lip to maintain your composure. 

"Ahhh...my eye..." you groan and when you feel his warm palms tilting your face up for him to examine, you pop your squinted eye open and lean forward to peck him on the lips. "SIKE!"

  Kageyama freezes for a moment as your melodious laughter echoes in his ears. You are always known to be mischievous, but this time, you got him so good that even he has nothin got say about it. He feels his face flush with heat, and hears you snort louder in response to his reaction. But he's got to admit that your laughter is fricking contagious, as his stoic lips force open to let out his own tune of handsome sniggers. You both abruptly stop your fits when you hear the wailing of your son, and scramble to cheer him up as the sun sets above you all.

  By the time you return to your suite room, your toddler is already passed out in your arms. Kageyama offers to carry him when he sees you struggling slightly. This is one of many attributes that you come to love about Tobio. He is very observant and selfless, an absolute team player. He notices everything about you especially. He knows you so well, that he can detect the slightest of smiles and frowns on your small face. But you know why he has the ability to see right through you. It is because his feelings for you and your son reach beyond limits. After mopping (Your Son's Name) up and putting him to bed, you both decide to cuddle up in bed in the dark. The only light in the room is the flickering of the TV as you both relax before actually sleeping. After getting immersed into an unusual documentary about crows, you don't notice how Kageyama isn't interested in it the slightest. Instead he proceeds to glance at you more often than not. When you finally start to feel droopy, you shut the screen off and wrap your arms around his thin but defined torso. His long arms respond by wrapping themselves around your shoulder, securing your embrace. You lean in slightly and place your free hand on his cheek before running a thumb along his sculpted cheekbones. Your lips meet gently and sleepily before they break away for the allowance of air.

"I love you." he hushes under his breath. "I love you so much."

"I love you more, Kageyama Tobio."