Another Chance.(Hisashi Kinoshita)

-Enjoy! The reader is a very stubborn and tsundere/himedere kind of person. Just giving you a heads up.-

Ever since Hisashi quit volleyball along with the other second years, you had drifted farther apart from each other. You couldn't believe that he would just give up on something he was so passionate about, and with that, you probably lost most of your respect for him. It may had been something trivial to break up with your boyfriend for it, but this wasn't some shoujo anime where everything worked out fine. You were a very proud person, and to watch your boyfriend wither away at the slightest difficulties made you more than just upset. You wished that you could have overlooked it, but it was reality, and you couldn't force him to change his mind. You were the one to suggest the break up first. It wasn't because you did not love him anymore, but you retained the instinct of believing in the survival of the fittest. At that moment, he had given up on volleyball. But he had also given up on your relationship.

Every day you thought about the same thing. Ever since then, you had rejected all confessions and never made an effort to make any either. You could say that your first love had scalded your ability to genuinely love again. However, you knew that deep down you were still hooked on the hope that he would come back to you. Volleyball had turned into a chore after the break up, and you were slowly losing grip of your position of the ace. You wallowed deeper into your sea of guilt while the other girls in your team were evolving rapidly. Maybe you were truly being hypocritical. You believed in the harsh process of natural selection, yet you were on the verge of dying off.

So that was it. You had quit that one thing that made you happy. You were bringing the team down with you, so you made the sacrifice for the sake of the team. Instead, you were recruited shortly after by the boys' team to become the co-manager of Karasuno's male volleyball team. You grew hesitant at the request, but finally ended up agreeing as they seemed to be in need of your help. You were finally beginning to fit in with the team, when a group of students make an appearance in the middle of practice.

"Excuse us." They chorus as they slide open the door.

The whole gym goes silent as they turn their heads to see Hisashi, Ennoshita and Narita. They call out awkward greetings before Daichi calls the team over for a short meeting after exchanging a brief conversation with them.

"We would like to apologise for leaving the team, and we've realised that it was cowardly and weak of us to do so. Please forgive us." They bow deeply and everyone seemed to be relieved that they came back, everyone but you.

"If they are allowed to come back...I'm going to quit. I don't want to be supporting a group of ungrateful sniffling boys." Your voice was practically dripping with venom and the you feel the team stiffen.

"(Your Name)...that's a little harsh..don't you-" Asashi laughs nervously as he tries to calm you down, but you shoot him a short glare before grabbing your bag and sliding the door shut roughly on your way out.

You didn't expect for anybody to chase after you, but you heard the rapid footsteps of somebody as they rush to catch up with you. Before you could turn around to yell at them to go away. A warm pair of arms root you to the spot. You struggle to get out of his grip, as you realise who the person was. But he seemed determined to make you hear him out for once.

"I'm sorry (Your Name). I'm so sorry for letting you go. I'm sorry for giving up so easily. I don't want to let you go ever again. You're too important to me. Please..just forgive me." He pleads into your neck and your hand grows limp as they fall to your sides.

His arms finally loosen and you turn around with tears streaming down your face. It had been so long since you had shed a single tear. All the feelings came pouring out for him to witness. You had just realised how selfish you had been acting. You weren't just embarrassed, you were ashamed to have let things get this bad.

"I-It took you long enough..you asshole." Your breath hitches in your throat awkwardly as the tears keep coming.

"Yeah. Sorry." He whispers as he pulls you in for another enclosed hug.

~~~