Inhibition. (Daichi Sawamura)

-I know that halloween has ended and I am probably a little late with this one, but I finally had the time to sit down and write something on wattpad. This story is based on my halloween party that I attended the other day. So I hope you enjoy!-

  The front door is illuminated dimly with an orange and red glow. Miniature pumpkins are scattered around the porch, and you can't help but admire the intricate patterns and faces carved in them. You hear the music blaring loudly inside, and that's when it dawns on you that you are no longer a child attending a kiddish gathering with candy and board games. This party is for teenagers like you, where booze and dares mesh together to create an atmosphere to help forget about any problems you have. The halloween sun has already begun to slink behind the mask of the moon, gleaming down at you as you press the doorbell.

  Before you even get to step in through the door, a plastic red cup is shoved into your hands by a stranger. You look down at it with a frown and you stoop down to take a whiff. You almost gag as the sharp scent of alcohol penetrates into the back of your head, but you take a sip nevertheless. You don't want to appear rude or out of place. The music is so loud that it reverberates through your bones and makes your skin tingle. You're in the process of wondering if the end of the street could hear it when you feel a tap on your shoulder.

"Hey, (Your Name)." a familiar voice calls your name casually, and you turn around to see Sawamura leaning against the wall you are pressed against. " I didn't expect to see you here."

"I didn't expect to be here either, but I guess I got ballsy." you joke with a small grin, and his chuckle resonates in his throat before escaping into the thin air around you.

"Yeah, I don't see you as much of the party person." he nods agreeably before running his long index finger along the rim of his own cup. "Hey, listen-"

"WOOOOOO! LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!!!!"

"OYAAAAA OYAAAAAA!!!!"

"COME ON SAWAMURA-SAN! YOU BETTER WIN THIS NEXT ROUND OF BEER PONG! I BET MY MONEY ON YOU!"

  Sawamura looks sort of embarrassed and annoyed about getting interrupted. You don't pester him or remind him about what he was going to say. Instead, you give his arm a little encouraging push before motioning towards his teammates.

"You should go." you giggle slightly before covering your mouth with a hand shyly.

"You sure? I'll come and find you afterwards, I promise." 

  The night passes through time in a blur. You barely even remember what happened as you might have consumed a little too much alcohol unintentionally. Your cheeks flush red and you feel the heat pumping through your dull head. As your inhibition decreases, you stagger towards the bathroom in attempts to sober up. There is lipstick smudges all over the mirror and a couple of condoms strewn on the tiled floor. You wrinkle your nose in disgust before turning the slippery faucet knob. You don't hear the door opening again through the whooshing of the water and almost let out a strangled cry as you bump into a broad chest. If you didn't look up as quickly as you did, you'd have screamed.

"You don't look so good, (Your Name)." he hums with concern, but you wave him off. "Drink too much?"

"Just a little." you sigh as you attempt to sidestep towards the door, but your poor coordination causes you to stumble and wobble on your unstable feet. If it weren't for his strong grip around your waist, you would've slammed straight into the filthy ground.

  You're both so close to each other, you feel his breath behind your ear as he helps you to your feet steadily. Maybe it's the booze, but your feelings for him suddenly intensify and you find yourself staring into his eyes. It's strangely silent in such a cramped space where noise would become extra loud. But through the muffled yells and cheers from the outside, you discover that everything dissipates in his presence. You never really wanted to admit it, but he was truly beautiful. Does he feel the same way? How would he respond if you leaned in a little more? Questions spin in your mind, but the haziness sets in, giving you an odd burst of confidence. Your noses are brushing now, but you barely feel it as his large hands pull you closer by the waist. His long eyelashes flutter shut as he whispers the next few words that cause your heart to leap to your throat.

"(Your Name), can I kiss you?"