Family.(Tsukishima Kei)

-Thank you for requesting! Enjoy! I updated a little early today haha.-

    You sit in front of the toasty fireplace as the sounds of resounding laughter ring in the house like the jingling of bells. A small smile tugs at your lips as you turn your head away from the flickering flames towards the source of the melodious giggles and squeals. They sit in the middle of the woolly carpet, one daughter and one father that seemed to be enjoying every single bit of their time together.

  Kei's laughing was like the rippling of a still pond. His golden brown eyes sparks with mischief as his nimble fingers reach down to tickle your little girl's weak spots. She responds with another shriek which is supported by a series of stuttered tittering and snorts. Her blonde hair matched her father's  short blonde hair, but it also had elements of your (Your Hair Type) locks. There is no doubt that she is a happy child, and for that, you are forever grateful towards your loving husband for making it possible.

    Before you met each other, everything was hectic and unclear. You both were dealing with issues that were beyond your control. Yet amidst all the chaos that ensued around you, you managed to kindle a spark of love together. There were times where you would feel like the fire just extinguished at random moments when your differences set in. However, the passion and love for each other managed to reignite the dim fire every single time. That was the moment when you both realised that you weren't just meant to be, you were also soulmates, and (Your Daughter's Name) was the product of your love.

  You are ripped away from your thoughts when your daughter's sharp cry pierces your eardrums. Her previous chirpiness disintegrates and is replaced with endless screaming. You bolt upright from your chair and steadily walk over to swoop her into your chest. Her whining immediately falters as she wraps her arms around your neck securely before burying her tear-stained face into your shoulder. Her heavy hiccups fade into the stage of soft snuffling, and you glance up at your husband with a smile before clicking your tongue at him teasingly.

"I might have been a little rough while playing with her." he states nonchalantly.

    Your giggle softens the tension, and Kei could've sworn that your gentle sound made the fire burn warmer.

"You don't say." you grin.

  At that moment, another cry sounds from the other room and you both sigh.

"She must've woken him up with her screaming." you murmur.

"I'll take care of it." Tsukishima groans before disappearing into the room.

    In the meantime, you gently lull your daughter in your arms as she grows restless. Her small limbs stretch out before going completely still. After making sure she is completely shut off into dreamland, you lessen your swaying and take a minute to catch a breather. Just then, you see your husband emerge from the room as he stands in front of you with a small blue bundle in one arm. The baby was oddly silent, that it is unbelievable that he was crying his lungs out a couple of minutes back. You watch as Kei reaches his finger out towards the gurgling soul in his arms. (Your Son's Name) clasps on to it tightly and you could almost feel Kei's happiness radiate off of him.

  He wraps his free arm around your shoulder before leaning his lips down to your temple. He drops a soft kiss there before stooping lower to capture your lips too. You both share another soft kiss before glancing down at your sleeping children with the warm hope that the future will be not only bright, but also radiant.