Unexpected Hero.(Keishin Ukai)

-Enjoy!-

Ever since you moved to Japan for work, you would stop by the Sakanoshita Store for your breakfast and lunch. Naturally, you were on a budget of your own, so it had become a part of your daily routine to stop by. At first, you didn't notice the owner of the store, mainly because you didn't spend the time to stay long enough to greet him. You would be in and out in a matter of minutes, as it didn't take you that long to grab a pre-packaged bun to go. However, fate was about to change everything.

"Hmm." You put a finger to your lips as you look up on the shelf to see that your favourite bread was out of stock. Maybe you did go overboard yesterday by buying all of them.

"Hello little miss, we ran out of those (Your Favourite Bread Flavor) buns yesterday. They won't come in till next week. They aren't uncommon, so you might see them at your school cafeteria." A man's voice calls from the counter and you turn around with an unamused face to notice a man with bleached hair.

"I'm 20 years of age..sir." You allow your voice to go slightly cold, as he had just insulted you blindly.

"Oh the name's Keishin Ukai. Sorry. You didn't look-" His words falter as he realises that he was being tactless.

You pretend that you didn't hear what he was about to say and place your things on the counter before extending your hand with the bills on it. He accepts it without another word and you could have sworn your fingers brushed slightly. He hands you to plastic bag and as you are about to walk out he screams out a loud "HEY!" that almost made you jump straight out of your skin. You spin around in fear that you had done something wrong, but he was looking ahead of you and you look at what he was so angry about.

A group of students were hanging around in front of the shop; blocking the entrance to the store inside. The blonde man stands up abruptly with a duster in his hand as he storms out with it held high above his head.

"Go hang around somewhere else you little punks!" He exclaims toughly but the students just laugh as if they were used to it.

You take this opportunity to slip out of the store quietly. You had never expected your morning to pan out like this, but for some reason, you rather enjoyed it. Your life had been pretty basic and boring for the last couple of months, so a little excitement was appreciated. Despite being slightly annoyed with his blunt comments about your lack of womanly features, you catch yourself thinking about him during various periods of the day.

After work, you were on the way home when you see the lit up shop grow clearer as you keep walking in that direction. You weren't planning on getting anything until you suddenly remember that you didn't have any lunch. Your stomach growls at that exact moment and you mentally groan as you decide to pop in for a cup of instant noodles. You head straight for the ramen section, you were so muddled up with the choices that you don't even notice the hooded man stalk in.

"Don't fucking move." You feel an arm sling around your neck in a inescapable grip as he presses something cold and metallic against your neck.

"Nnnn!!" You gasp in shock as the trembling sets in, and the mysterious man digs the blade a little deeper, and you feel the sting.

"I told you not to move! Or I WILL slit your fucking throat!" He snarls again and you have no choice but to abide by his terms.

At that moment, you hear the door open and you make eye contact at the man from this morning. It seemed like he had gone out back to smoke, and had left the store unattended for a brief moment. His eyes widen in alarm as he notices what was going on. But this kind of things must happen quite often in a shop like this, as he remains painfully calm. The man must not have liked it, because he tilts your neck farther with trembling hands.

"Don't move. Or she dies." He threatens shakily.

"Okay. Okay. Let's calm down and talk about this." The blonde man holds up his hands slowly.

"Get behind the counter and unlock the cash register and give me all you've got." The man spits out belligerently and you cannot help but tremble even more at his tone.

"Alright." Ukai slowly extends his hand with the wad of cash, and suddenly, you feel like this was immensely unfair. You knew that this store wasn't making millions, and if he handed that money over, this store probably wouldn't make it. Of course, you didn't want this to happen. Where else would you go to get (Your Favourite Bread Flavour Name) buns?

Just as the man reaches over with his free hand, you dip your head down and take a big chomp out of his wrist; biting down as hard as you can. This causes him to release you in pain for a short second and you turn around and kick him in his most sensitive part. You were grateful to have worn heels for once in your life. As the man crumples to the ground, you kick away the blade in case he tried to do anything and you lower your upper body as you pant. Ukai stands with his mouth hanging open until he finally takes action by tying the man up with some duct tape from the store. The police arrives in a matter of minutes to take him away; leaving the two of you alone at last.

"You really are a strange woman." He mutters in awe and you were taken aback by his words.

"Excuse me?" You huff as you cross your arms over your chest.

"I've never seen a woman fight like that." He runs his fingers through his hair as he chuckles.

"A 'thank you' would suffice..you know?" You try to sound offended, but a big grin naturally spreads across your face as you see him laugh.

"Here." He rummages through his pocket and pulls out a cute bandage before peeling it and placing it carefully on your cut from earlier.

His fingers glide along your neck and you cannot help the shivers that run up your spine from his tough. You could probably cut the sexual tension in the air between the two of you, but you were enjoying to a certain extent. He leans away afterwards and you cough as you evert your gaze; hoping that the dark sky would be able to conceal your pink cheeks.

"Thank you." You whisper as you search his eyes for that one thing that you felt for him.

"No. Thank you." His own voice dissembles into a whisper as he leans forward in search of your lips.