Accident.(Daichi Sawamura)

-After watching the latest episode I feel the need to let out all my emotions. Haikyuu can really mess with my feelings yo. Enjoy! #PrayforDaichi-

  You clench your fists tightly as you stared intently at the game going on below you. The opponents weren't just strong, but they were quick to figure out how to to manipulate the game in their favor. However, knowing Karasuno, they weren't going to give up that easily. But at what cost? 

  Daichi glances up for a second to spot you in the crowd of other blurry faces. His sweat trickles down his temple and he wipes it away furiously before returning his attention to the game. Even if it was for a brief second, he felt proud to be your boyfriend for once. You never really spent much time together because he had training every single day. However, you insisted on supporting him endlessly and he was forever grateful for your support.

Shit! Another wipe?! Like I'm going to let you!

  Daichi grits his teeth as he makes a beeline towards the position in which the ball was about to land. It would have been a successful comeback to the merciless attacks, but he didn't even have the time to react as he spots Tanaka from the corner of his eye as he lurching forward to catch the ball as well. He feels the distant slap of the ball against his forearms then a bone crunching force hitting him head on. He doesn't even have enough time to interpret what had just happened before his vision shuts down completely.

"Daichi?! Daichi!! H-hey!! Daichi!!!" 

  Sawamura's eyes flutter open as his consciousness reboots itself. The lights were suddenly too bright for his vision, and he had to blink multiple times until it was back to normal. His teammates were surrounding him,  judging by the slippery texture of the cold ground and extremely high ceiling, he was still on the volleyball court. He must have passed out for a minute or two. Clearly, he was still in a daze, because the fact that he just had a pretty bad collision doesn't cross his mind once as he attempts to stand. At that moment, he stumbles over as the throbbing in his torso intensifies. It felt deep and hot, but not in a good way. He could feel the blood pulsing through his chest painfully, and if it wasn't for Asahi's sturdy shoulder, he would have collapsed back on to the ground. He stood for a couple of seconds to wane out the worse wave of pain before slowly walking towards the exit to the court. The infirmary wasn't too far away, but it wasn't close enough either. For him, every step felt like a bomb detonating his innards, but he couldn't cause more trouble for the team. So he surpressed the groans by grinding his jaws together to make sure they had enough time to return to the game at hand. Just before he leaves the stadium, he turns to look up at where you were standing to see an empty seat.

    As Daichi is handed off to the staff, he grips Asahi's arm as firmly as he could before looking him in the eye with great intensity.

"You guys can do it. Win. I know you can." He murmurs before his body is pulled forward with urgency.

~~~

  Just as the doctor is about to examine Daichi's injury, the door bursts open and you dash in with a look of alarm plastered on your face. Sawamura glances up to see your eyes shining with worry and could hear your heavy breathing rhythm from where he was sitting. His heart clenches guiltily, but he did not intend to disturb the doctor's examination, so as his gaze met yours, he mouths a few reassuring words and watches your tense shoulders relax a little.

"It seems like you've bruised your ribcage pretty badly, but it's a relief that none of your bones were harmed," The doctor announces with his back towards you. "You'll need to take time off training for quite some time though." The doctor announces.

  You automatically wince as you catch sight of his chest. Thankfully, there was no blood anywhere, but you could detect the blotchy bruises beginning to surface. Daichi notices immediately and just wished that he was able to hold and reconcile you. Perhaps the doctor sensed this tension, because he quickly removes his sanitary gloves before turning around to leave the room.

"I think I'd better leave you two some privacy. I'll be back shortly with escorts that can help you back. I believe the game hasn't ended yet. I presume you want to be present?"

"Yes. Thank you." Daichi speaks with his usual assertiveness.

  You both watch as he leaves in silence and it stays as quite after he does. As if you were holding in your emotions all this time, your tears spill over immediately as the door clicks shut. You gradually walk towards him to wrap your arms around his neck carefully. After giving him a relieved hug,  you catch sight of his wound once again. Now that you were closer, it looked even more grotesque. You run your fingers along the deep purple welts and your own heart stings.

"Oh God..." you hush before Daichi brings your chin back up to meet his eyes.

"Hey...I'm fine. Okay? Don't worry too much." he reassures gently as he leans over to drop a soft kiss to your eyelid.

"When I saw you just laying there...I-" your voice cracks as another wave of sobs tremble out of your lips.

  He then reaches over and cups your cheek with both his hands before running his thumb across them to wipe away your endless tears.

"Hey hey...enough now. I'm tougher than you think, y'know? I'm sorry for making you worry. So please don't be upset anymore, I hate seeing you cry."