Pride.(Tsukishima Kei)

-These upcoming updates are all requests that happens to be angsts. So enjoy!-

  You had gotten used to your boyfriend's peculiar personality, or so you thought. But as your relationship progressed, there were more and more things that you had to hide from him. It wasn't like you wanted to keep him in the dark, but it was for his own good. You knew everything about Akiteru from the very start, but you didn't tell him the truth until he found out himself. 

When he confronted you about it, he took your silence as confirmation before raising his voice at you for the first time. His usually golden eyes glazed over as his mouth opened to shout relentless insults at your face. Admitting that his words impaled you was an understatement. It seemed like he was so blinded by his own rage, that he forgot that he was saying all those things to his girlfriend. At that moment you truly felt like you were seeing a completely different Kei in front of you, and that scared you.

 At that moment you truly felt like you were seeing a completely different Kei in front of you, and that scared you

Kei sent you home crying that evening, and the sad thing was, he never even tried to apologise to you. But you couldn't blame him, because you knew that you made a grave mistake, and losing his trust and love was your consequence.

"I thought I told you not to call me anymore." his voice hissed over your end.

" his voice hissed over your end

"I know. I just needed to talk to you-" you started.

"I have nothing to say to you, (Your Name)." he answered spitefully.

"Please. Just listen to me, Kei. I never meant to hurt you like I did. I was just protecting you from the truth back then. I'm sorry." you whispered as your voice began to crack in sadness.

"Is that why you called me? To justify what you did? You have no idea how much I...forget it. You make me sick."

  At the word 'sick', your fingers weaken around the phone in your hands and you watch it silently as it crashes on to the pavement. The screen shatters and the whole things shuts down to a black screen. You stand there for a few minutes, until you finally come back to your senses. As you crouch down to pick up your mangled device, you catch sight of the cobweb of scratches and cracks on it and tears begin to run down your cheeks freely. You clutch it to your chest tightly as the loud sobs echo through the empty streets.

Beep.Beep.Beep.

Kei's fingers grip on his own phone tightens as he hears the monotone beeping of a call line being cut off. He had heard multiple thuds just beforehand, and his heart begins to pound in worry. Even so, he forces himself to bury his phone back into his pocket and also pushes away the lingering feelings for you. He then shoves his headphones on before trudging back home.

Who cares.

~~~

Comment on this for a Part 2!

I was going to just end it as an angst, but I have a new plot idea for this so if you guys want a sequel, let me know!

Love,

Winnie