Drunken Nights.(Wakatoshi Ushijima)

-Thank you for requesting an Ushijima fluff. He may seem a BIT OOC, so I just wanted to write a heads up for that before I start getting into writing this oneshot. I hope you enjoy!-

  Ushijima never really believed in the concept of love. He loves practicality and is not used to feeling like he can't predict what his opponents will do next. He didn't deny the existence of falling in love, as he is a product of it. But he never expected to meet her the way he did. Representing the national japanese volleyball team had it's merits, but he never really got time for himself.  Now that this year's season just ended, he finally gets the hiatus he longed for for ages.

"Welcome!"

  The door he pushed open earlier chimes and a few waiters greet him lightly. He doesn't really pay them any attention as he shrugs off his jacket before sitting down at the bar. The lights are dim and soft jazz music envelopes the atmosphere, making it pleasantly calming. Ushijima leans over the counter before eyeing up the colourful hues of bottles on the wall in front of him. His mind is elsewhere as he murmurs his order of a glass of whiskey, but his thoughts are rudely interrupted by a loud slam beside him. He flinches in alarm and turns his head to see a woman pouring another glass of pure vodka into a shot glass with trembling hands. She throws her head back as she brings it to her lips before clashing the container back down on to the counter with another bang. Ushijima finds himself wondering why the marble table hasn't cracked down yet, but he decides not to say anything as he resumes to sip at his own cup respectively.

  The strange girl raises a shaky outstretched hand to order another round, but the waiters don't hear her over sounds of many conversations mushing together to create a low buzz. Perhaps they're ignoring her, Ushijima's seen how they look at her with such disapproving eyes. Though he can't really blame them, he finds himself doing the same after enduring her drunken wails and slurs for as long as he can. If this was any other situation he found himself in from time to time, he'd just wrinkle his nose in disgust and then leave without causing a scene. But today isn't like any other day, he's tired. He decides to stay a little longer until the staff inform him that it's almost closing hours. Just out of curiosity, his eyes swivel to the left to see her completely passed out. No wonder it's been so quiet.

"Is she a regular?" Ushijima grunts as he motions at the limp female with his chin.

"No sir." the bartender sighs as he occupies himself with scrubbing down the martini glasses. "She came in here with a very sad look on her face, probably a bad break-up. Poor thing."

"It's nearly closing time, isn't it?" Wakatoshi rubs his temples with his cold fingers. "What're you going to do with her?"

"I honestly don't know, sir. She doesn't look like she'll be waking up anytime soon." the man complains once again as he starts to pack away the liquor. "Man, this is a problem."

"I'll take her." Ushijima responds rather quickly, he ends up surprising himself in the process. But there is no way that he can go back on his word now.

    It's a hot summer night, but the sweltering heat has cooled down a bit as the sun bid the world good night. It's quiet, and Wakatoshi is only surrounded by the sounds of his footsteps against the pavement. His strong arms are wrapped up behind him as he supports the weight of a drunken maiden. If he wasn't in perfect physical condition, he'd find it hard to have to carry her all the way to a nearby hotel. His head hurt from even thinking about what she'd say once she regained consciousness. He didn't want to be yelled at for selling himself as a pervert or rapist,  but there is no other option.

  The harsh scent of sharp alcohol wafts into Ushijima's nose, and he surpasses a gag before heaving the body on to the pristine bed. She's definitely out cold, but when she does end up stirring about, a tumble of incoherent words slip through her soft lips. Most of her sentences are senseless and slurred to such an extent, but her tone remains raw and pained every time the outbursts escape her fragile lungs. Ushijima doesn't know what happened to her, and probably never will. But he just assumes that she must've suffered something pretty tragic in her book to end up drinking like that. Judging by her reaction to booze, she seems like she's never touched a single droplet of a drink in years.

  Just as he is about to tear his gaze away, the sobbing commences from the heap on the bed. Her spindly legs curl up and start to tuck into her torso as her hands reach up to her face. The tears were more than just tears, they held such emotional distress that Ushijima stands frozen on the spot. Her swollen eyelids are still shut tightly, but endless tears stream down her face as the make-up runs down with it. Her face is creased and her chest rises up and down rapidly from the palpitations of a nightmare. Even a man like himself couldn't just sit back and watch a broken human cry like that. So instead of walking away, he presses himself down on the edge of the bed and reaches over hesitantly to run his fingers through her limp hair. His gesture is awkward and tense, but he finds himself easing up when the woman in front of him finally calms down. He surprises himself yet again. He's never one to console or attempt to make someone feel better about their failures. But for this strange girl, he'd make exceptions for.

  You feel the warm sun in your face and your eyelids crack open to find yourself blinded by it. The soft sheets around your body unravels off as you sit up, and you rub your eyes in complete confusion. This certainly isn't your bedroom, and the room is too massive to be a part of a house. The aroma of freshly grounded coffee reaches you, and you look up to see a massive trolley filled with scrumptious breakfast condiments and dishes. That's when it all hits you, and the fragmented memories from last night start to pour into your pounding head. You frantically feel yourself up and down to breathe out a sigh as you are still fully dressed in last night's attire. That doesn't really ease you of your worries and you attempt to grab your things before bolting out the door. However, just as you reach the door handle, another door beside you slams open and you are greeted with a smog of steam.

"Oh? You're awake. Good." an insanely deep and sexy voice echoes above you. "I didn't know what you'd be having for breakfast, so I ordered everything on the menu. Feel free to help yourself to it."

"I-I'm so sorry for causing you so much trouble. I really didn't mean to go overboard with the drinking and-" you apologise profusely as you end up sitting on the bed again.

"You need to stop being so reckless, woman." he lectures seriously and you have to swallow a lump in your throat as his gaze immobilises you. "You were lucky that you didn't end up with a man with ill intentions yesterday, don't let it happen again."

"U-um yeah, about that. D-did we...um-" you stutter helplessly. "Did we do-"

"Did you hear anything I just said?" his voice drops an octave lower, and you start to break out into a cold sweat. "I am not interested in sleeping with someone I don't even know."

"Whew, okay. Well, that's a relief then." Ujishima ends up staring down at you as he runs a towel into his dripping strands of hair.

"Were you actually wishing for that to happen to you?" he responds bluntly, and you almost choke on the cup of coffee in your hands.

"N-no!"

"Because with those tacky undergarments you're wearing, you'll never end up seducing anything."