Lawfully. (Kageyama Tobio)

-Really felt like writing something medieval or set in a historical time period. I hope you enjoy this!-

   King Tobio II was a ruthless leader. He possessed little compassion for his people, and never indulged in pleasure-inducing activities such making love. His whole life was dedicated to his kingdom, and in that aspect he was a spectacular ruler. His country flourished well above many others that struggled to maintain independence after era of transition. Many sought after the wealth in trade and goods of his domain, but now that his reign was weakening, he had to find other ways to drag out his legacy. His many wives struggled to produce an heir for years, but his seed was finally planted during the summer solstice, and thus his son Kageyama Tobio was brought into this world. Ever since his son drew his first breath, he made sure that he knew that he only existed for one purpose, and that was to carry his father's name to his grave.

  Kageyama followed and obeyed whatever his father desired from him, he had no complaints or objections whatsoever. How could he refuse? His father was the only person he had. His mother passed away soon after his birth due to medical complications, so he has no memory of her either. There was no time to mourn or feel sorry for himself, his duties awaited. Now that he is of age, he is to fulfil his final task and succumb to an arranged marriage. He'd be lying if the thought of marrying a total stranger didn't urk him. But this was what he was willing to do to please the king. He lawfully vowed to cherish and love the one that is bestowed upon him. But how is a man who has never experienced love supposed to know how to love someone else unconditionally?

  You were fortunate enough to have been raised the right way. With loving parents that raised you with utmost delicacy and care, you've grown to become a splendid woman. Not only were you high-poised, you had the heart of the purest and kindest soul. Your country may not have been as successful as neighbouring ones, but it sustained well. The abundant resource of wood lead to the development of paper. Knowledge was preserved in these papers which eventually turned into pages in books. Overtime, rapid modernisation and military development rushed through your city, and just like a dark horse, your country climbed to one of the wealthiest of them all. 

  The request for your hand in marriage was unexpected. It's the first time something like that had occurred. Your family seemed to be hesitant, they didn't want to potentially sell their daughter off to some dominant man in another country. However, you agreed on their terms without a blink of an eye. Your bloodline was safe, you were surrounded by many siblings, both older and younger. They each had a role to fulfil in a world like yours, and you had your own duties as a princess. Your older brothers would rise to the throne, and you'd just be a presence with an extravagant name. You wanted to contribute to something, you want to be useful for once. Whether or not you both were compatible, you wanted to make it work, or you'd be a failure as a royal member of the family.

  It's been a few months since the wedding commenced. You only just met him on the day of  the ceremony, but it all worked out pretty well in the end. The relationship is strictly political though. You've never once engaged in sexual actives together, and only really talked when necessary. Kageyama is a pretty stoic young man, much like his father for that fact. However, he has this gentle side to him which you see very rarely. Over a span of these days, the merged kingdoms have been receiving threats to harm you. Many other rulers have become jealous over the strong bond between your countries as they struggled to outcompete. Once this news reached your husband, he acted immediately. You knew that he didn't have to, but you noticed the subtle changes that he made to keep you safe. You figured that if he didn't care at all, he wouldn't go through all these drastic measures to do what he did. He's a busy king with a busy agenda, the thought of him going out of his way like that, it warms your heart nevertheless.