Underclassmen.(Lev Haiba)

-Enjoy! This is dedicated to my dumb ass older sister; Abbie AKA AbbieVanityCakes  Look. It's your bae.-

"Another year huh?" you sigh to yourself as you trudge to school from your house.

  Nothing was changing over the course of 2 years, and now that you were a senior in high school, you were beginning to long for something spontaneous to happen before you graduate. However, you slowly lost hope in trying to remember Nekoma High as a memorable place in the future. Everything was just colorless, it was more or less the same routine every single day.

  You take off your shoes in complete silence and quickly shove it into your designated locker before changing into your indoor ones. You are in such a hurry to get to class, that you lose your balance as you attempt to tug your foot into the shoe without having to sit down. You reflexively gran on to someone's arm beside you and you release your grip immediately before bowing slightly in embarrassment.

"Ah...sorry. I didn't mean to-" you begin.

  You look up and almost gasp out-loud as you notice a large shadow looming over you. His face looked scary and his eyes pierces right through your own with his sharp pupils. You also notice how his hair reflected off the early morning sun to find that his hair is a shade of light silver. You aren't just intimidated, you are scared out of your pants.

"It's no problem! Hey! You're kind of cute! Which class are you in?" he chirps and you are left dumbfounded.

"U-um. I'm in Class 5." you murmur as you run your fingers through your hair in attempt to regain your composure.

"Oh! I'm so sorry! I should be calling you Senpai!" he exclaims frantically and you tilt your head in confusion.

"I'm sorry?" you ask hesitantly.

"I'm Lev Haiba. I'm a first year here. Please be good to me." he introduces himself with a childish grin and you shake his outstretched hand.

  Just then, the bell rings and you glance at the clock to realize that you were definitely late for class. Lev quickly shuts his locker too, before making a break for the opposite hallway with god-like speed. You are left in the dust with your body frozen in shock. You somehow can't get him out of your mind for the rest of the day.

"Cover!!" your teammate shouts and you snap your head back just in time to receive the ball flawlessly.

"Ah shit. It's a little off! My bad!" you holler out.

Thankfully enough, the spike goes through without failure and you have a moment to breathe. You bend over and rest your hands on your knees as you wipe away the slick sweat that built over the course of the practice game.

"Is everything okay?" (Your Teammate's Name) asks as she gives you a pat on the back.

"Yeah, sorry. I just got...distracted." you murmur as you both walk to the sidelines to prepare the court for the males' volleyball team's practice.

"We better get the courts cleaned off-" you are cut off by a familiar shadow looming over you again.

"Ah! Senpai! I didn't know you were in the volleyball team!!" Lev exclaims excitedly.

"SENPAI?!" your friend gawks at you and you can't say anything to reverse her misunderstandings.

"A-anyway, Lev, you're joining the volleyball team?" you cough as you attempt to change the subject.

"Yeah! I think it's-"

"Oi Lev!! Get your ass over here." Kuroo commands with annoyance and Lev shrugs before waving as he jogs off in the other direction.

"Hey (Your Teammate's Name), you go on ahead without me. I'll be a while." you murmur as you sit back down on the bleachers to watch the new and interesting recruit in action.
~~~

"Lev!! How many times do I have to tell you to block with your arms pressed TOGETHER!? Your arms ARE WIDE APART!!!!!"

"Argh! I'm sorry!"

You find yourself smirking at his responses to his captain's harsh criticism. However, a weird feeling begins to grow in the pit of your stomach as you witness his outstanding ability to adapt to his first game so well. He didn't seem like a newbie at all. His whip-like spike takes your breath away every single time you see it in action, and you cannot help but feel like you are being surpassed. Even so, you feel great attraction for this first year, because he is the first interesting and spontaneous thing that has ever happened in your life so far.

"Great work out there. Not bad for your first game." you compliment him subtly before packing your bag to leave for home.

Their practice match lasted around and hour, and the sky was already dark outside.

"Really?!" his eyes sparkle at your words and you suppress your laughter.

"Don't get ahead of yourself. Your techniques still need a lot of work." you pretend to cough and cover your face with a hand to avoid showing the blush that was creeping up.

Lev watches you leave and a huge grin plasters on to his face as he quickly catches up to your side with his long strides.

"Senpai! Wait! Let's walk home together! I don't want some creepy stalker following you home in the dark!"