Chapter 5

I land on the ground and my head shoots up.

"Huh what time is it?" I say while rubbing my eyes. "And why am I.. on the floor."

I hear a grunt sound.

"Shut the hell up Liz I'm trying to sleep." Oh yeah, Ashley slept over. She has this thing were she kicks you off the bed sometimes. Amazing isn't?

I read the clock 6:00 am, if we get ready fast enough we can stop buy the cafe and actually eat breakfast. "Ash! Hurry get your lazy ass up its only Tuesday we have school."

I hear her mumble some things and she pulls the covers over her head. This chick is gonna drive me insane!

"I'll buy you food."

"I'm up! I'm up." She shoots out of the bed and runs into the wall. I burst out in laughter. While she rubs her head. She throws a pillow at me and sticks her tongue out. Yeah real mature ash. 

In about 45 minutes we're both done dressed and look presentable for school. I walk downstairs to see my mom holding the coffee pot and on the phone.

"Yes.. Yes.. Ok.. Yes.. Of course.. Will do sir. Yes.. Ok goodbye now. Thank you so much again." She hangs up.

"What was that about?" I ask.

She jumps up and down. My own mother. I stare at her with wide eyes.

"Guess who just got a promotion!"

"No way!" I yell

Ashley hugs her and says congratulations. We all start jumping up and down. This is amazing!

"We have to celebrate!" I grab her arm and hug her again.

"How about the three of us go out to a fancy restaurant." She smiles and I think for a moment.

"Sounds like a plan mom. Hey you should totally let Jack know. He's gonna be so proud."  Jack is my older brother. He is currently 20 and is in college. From time to time he visits but I really miss having him around. This would be a perfect opportunity for him to come over.

"I sure will let him know and maybe he can stop by today or something. I don't know, we'll see but you two need to get going. Yall have thirty minutes ladies. Chop chop." She replies.

We laugh and say our goodbyes as Ashely and I hop into my car.

--

"WHERE ARE YOU NOW THAT I NEED YOU-" Ashley and I yell. We are currently jamming out on the way to school. We stopped by the cafe and grabbed some coffee and donuts. Now time for hell..

I pull up and park in my signature spot. Ok this is it. If you see him act natural ya know? Just don't freak out..

"Come on lazy ass were gonna be late for first period!" Ashley yells. She's already out my car and walking towards the schools main doors. I jump out and walk with her. We open the doors together and walk right in.

"Hey Liz!"
"You and Ashley look so amazing!"
"Hey ash is that a new top? Can I call you ash"
"Liz want to come to my place later.."

We get through everyone and make it to our lockers. This is going to be a long day.
--
"Hey toss it!" Ethan says. Jake tosses a grape and the air and Ethan catches it perfectly in his mouth.

"Oh yeah who's the champ that's right I am."

"You're a loser that's what you are." Ash replies.

"Hey! I'll have you know that I am-"

"The captain of like every sport blah blah. We don't care."

I giggle they always do this.

I get up to go to the bathroom. I have got to wash this grease off my hands. I rinse my hands and grab some paper towels, then I hear the door open.

"Oh and did you see her top, it totally had a stain on it." I know that voice. That's the voice of Victoria Smith. Luke's younger sister. She's an annoying brat that doesn't know when to keep her mouth shut.

"Hey Liz!" The sound of her squeaky voice makes me cringe. "What's up!"

"Oh you know just washing my hands," I mumble as I throw the napkin away.

The reason I hate her so much is that she hates Ashley, and vice versa. She tried to make it seem that Ashley was talking behind my back, just so that I could become friends with her more. I figured out her plan and immediately got angry with her. She wanted to get rid of ash and that's were I drew the line no one messes with my best friend.

"So how's Ashley? I heard she got a hair cut or something."

"Yeah she got a trim." I respond, I walk towards the door when I hear her whisper something.

"Bet it didn't help though."

"What did you just say?..."

"Nothing! Liz I was joking-"

"No! Listen here Victoria. You are not going to talk shit about my friends in front of me." I glare at her little friends as they take a step back, "None of you are. Talk shit again and I swear karma won't be there to come hit you in the face. I will." I threw away my paper towel and shove them as I walked out the restroom.

What? I can get defensive over my friends sometimes.. I walk out irritated out of my mind. If only she would learn to not talk about others-

My body falls onto the ground as I land on my ass- I look up glaring and suddenly meet those piercing blue eyes.

His eyes