Chapter 54

Five years later

"Ok and what about tomorrow?" I ask.

"Well were closed tomorrow." He replies.

"Are you serious?!" This guy is making me want to tear my hair out. "How could y'all be closed on a fucking Tuesday?" He was about to respond but I cut him off.

"How do you expect me to do my day to day errands and go to work if I can't drive my jeep!"

"You know what I'm just going to put you on hold-"

"Don't you dare put me on hold!" But just as the words escaped my mouth the stupid elevator music started playing.

"Ugh!" I quickly hang up and search for another car repair shop online.

"You know you could just drive my car."

I look up at Ashley and sigh. "And what are you going to drive?" I question.

She thinks for a second then nods her head. She gets off of my counter and makes her way to my pantry, most likely seeing if we have any gummy bears.

"Left cabinet." I say.

"Ooh!" She takes them out and opens the package.

I crash onto my sofa and sigh. "I guess I'll just take the bus tomorrow." I look up at Ashley to see her nod her head.

"How did you wreck your car again?" She asks taking a blue gummy bear and popping it in her mouth.

I roll my eyes, "I didn't wreck it. There was a squirrel crossing the road and so I was looking at it I didn't see the car in front of me and I sort of maybe kinda crashed into it. But it was like just a scratch!" I yell. Yeah a scratch and I need an oil change and I need a new battery. What can I say that jeep is old.

"Mhm a scratch.." She whispers. I grab the nearest pillow and throw it at her.

"Hey!" She yells "don't take your anger out on me!" She runs over to me and tackles me in a bear hug.

"All you need is some sugar." She grabs a gummy bear and forces my mouth open putting an orange one on my tongue.

I close my mouth biting her finger. "Ouch!" She gets off me and hits me with my pillow.

"That fucking hurt. You bitch." She rubs her finger slightly and I smile.

Just in time a knock is on the door. I run over to open it tripping on the way.

I open it to reveal my grumpy old neighbor. Great. "What do you want mr. Grumpy?" I ask already irritated.

"It's mr. Grump!" He yells.

I roll my eyes, "yeah yeah what do you want?"

He frowns as he points to his lawn. "Your dog has been tearing my lawn apart! I have had enough of this nonsense!" He says raising his finger.