Chapter 16

The door bell rings and I immediately run to go open it.

Calm down calm down. Chill you got this.

I open the door and my eyes connect with Aidens.

"Hello" I say smiling. Lightly flushed since I did just run over here.

"It's me." He says a smile playing on his lips.

I roll my eyes teasingly.

"Alright come on in. I got plenty of pizza if you want some.."

--

"So what other topics do we need to include?"

He glances up at me then fixes his gaze on the computer screen.

"Religion. Check. Holidays. Check. Important figures. No check. Uhh hold on.."

He continues scrolling and looking for the other information. I get up and make my way to the bathroom. Leaving Aiden to question himself on the other topics. I smile. He's so adorable. I quickly do my business and wash my hands. Once dried I return to the room to see Aiden typing something.

"You starting on the essay?" I question.

I plop my butt down on the carpet and roll on my back.

"Yeah I figured I should get started on it ya know?"

"Yeah." I reply "read me what you have so far.."

He coughs and clears his throat dramatically. I turn to look at him and giggle.

"Essay. By Aiden Parker and Elizabeth Rivers..." He pauses for a second and I raise my eyebrows. He turns and looks at me. "That's all I got."

We both erupt in laughter and I cover my face with my pillow.

"Oh this is a disaster." I say giggling.

He chuckles. "It could be worse."

I glance towards him.

Lightbulb.

"You wanna go on an adventure?" I say standing up excitement filling my face.

He raises an eyebrow questionably "adventure?" He pauses "what sort of adventure?"

I sigh and lean back down. "Do you trust me?"

His eyes meet mine and in an instant he responds. "Of course"

My heart swells. I grab his hand without another word and skip downstairs.

He laughs "where are we going?"

I shush him and put on my coat and scarf. He puts on his coat as well and glares at me. "Did you just shu-"

"Shhhhh!" And with that I grab his hand and my keys in the other and run to my jeep.

We get in and I start it. I buckle up and pull out of the drive way. I make my way out of my neighborhood and continue on a long road. Making my way on to the highway.

I glance towards Aiden to see he's staring out the window. I smile and continue my way to our secret location.

--

I stop the car and look up at Aiden.

"The ice skating rink?" He glances at me "but it's closed.."

I smirk. "I know"

I get out of the car and start walking towards the back doors. Aiden stops me.

"Are you sure we should be doing this? I mean what if we get caught.." I quickly place my finger on his lips and he looks up stunned.