Chapter 72

Elizabeth's pov

I laugh at my uncles crazy joke, "Jim honestly I think you've gone even more insane then the last time I saw you." I take a sip from my wine as he rolls his eyes.

"I am not INSANE! And even if I was everyone deserves a crazy uncle." The table laughs and Aidens hand on my thigh tightens as laughter escapes him.

I stare up at the twinkling lights that they put on the trees. It looks like the stars are caught in with the leaves and they just decided to stay for the party and celebrate with us.

Ashley and jack are still on the dance floor staring at each other.

"So Aiden," my grandmother begins. "Tell me how you proposed again-"

"Oh grandma he's told you fifty times!" I giggle as she makes a frown. My grandmother is a lovely, sweet woman seeing a frown on her is just unnatural.

"So make it fifty-one!" She grins.

"It was up on the mountains near the new bike path. There's a clearing there and I just thought, 'she's there and I need to see her'. So I left the airport picked up the ring at jack and Ashley's place-"

His mouth continues to move but I just stare at him instead of listen to the words. His lips moving forming sentences and then his eyebrows rise and lower as his facial expression matches his confusion.

"- I saw her and i convinced her that i wanted her and proposed." He smiles and his eyes find his hand on my thigh. "It was the best decision I've ever made."

Our eyes lock and I can feel the desires swirling around between us. I try my hardest not to jump into his arms here and now and kiss him like my life depends on it.

"Well isn't that beautiful!" My grandmother sighs. "When jack proposed I made him tell me 87 times so you're off the hook for now." She gets up and makes her way to the big table set up with food and drinks.

"Should I go get her and take her glass of wine away-" Aiden says worry filling his voice.

"Naa" I laugh, "just make sure she doesn't find these." I pull out her keys from my purse and he smirks.

"You're a smart girl."

"I try." I say resting my head on his shoulders.

He scoots his chair over more the four legs of it grazing the grass. His hands finds my short legs and he places them on his lap.

His hand slowly moves to take off my heels as the chatter between my family at our table continues.

"I can just tell you're dying in these."

I sigh as the left heel also falls on the ground. "You know me too well darling."

---

"There's so much cake leftover." I finish wrapping it in the plastic wrap and place it in the fridge. "I'm so happy there is so much cake left over!" I repeat.

Aiden comes and wraps his arms around me. "I have to go to work soon because they need me for an important meeting."

"An important meeting." I mimic his tone and he frowns.