Chapter 14

"Aww!" Ashley hugs me. "That's the cutest shit ever." I smile widely.

"I need a bae"

I laugh. She throws a pillow at my face then gets up.

"Awww DONT LEAVE MEEE"

Now it's her turn to laugh. "Sorryyy but this girl has to go home and watch over Lucy."

Aka her little cousin.

I groan. "Ok well be safe have fun. I'll pick you up tomorrow ok!" She's already downstairs and opens the front door.

"Alright sounds fine."

With one final slam of the door I'm left in silence. I quickly get out my binder and textbook and start working on my English assignment.

**

"So where's ash?" My mom says as she turns off the stove.

"She had to watch Lucy. So it's just us tonight." I smile and help her set up the plates.

A couple more days and Jack gets his two weeks off from college.

"Mom this looks delicious. New dish?" I question. This pasta smells amazing.

"Yes it is! I saw it on food network and thought I'd try it out.."

I take a bite. "mmmm it's so good!"

She laughs. And takes a bite herself.

"Thank you sweet heart. So how was your day? Any exciting things happen."

I drop my fork.

"Uh no why-why would you ask that?" I quickly grab my fork from the ground and put it in the sink and grab a new one.

She squints her eyes.

Uh oh.

"Oh please Elizabeth I know something is up. I am your mother, and I know everything."

Oh do you now?

Hush!

I grab my water bottle and gulp down some. Feeling the cool liquid go down helping me release the knot in my throat.

She stares at me.

UGH

"Alright alright! I-I talked to Aiden today.."

Now she drops her fork.

"You did! Oooo tell me what happened!"

I sigh. "Mom calm down. He's just my partner in a project for geography. Ok. So I went to the library today and we worked on our project.."

"Mhmm.."

"And I told him I was sorry for ditching him when I did. And that I don't want us to be like that anymore.."

She smiles "sweetie, you know I never will ever judge you. Because you're my child and I love you very much and you can do no wrong in my eyes. But.."

Oh boy.

"You fucked up when you left Aiden."

I gulp "mom!" I laugh "language!"

She giggles "oh hush up. I'm not finished. Yes you messed up when you "ditched" him or whatever. But I understand sweet heart.. You were going through a rough time, with dad.. And everything going on. I understand. You felt like you needed something new. Something better perhaps. That you needed to change yourself and who you were as a person."