Chapter 46

"You may have won this fight but it is not over!" I quickly pulled Hayley away. "Do you hear me? It's not over!" I grabbed her hand and pulled her aside to try and calm her down.

Jack and his team won the water ballon round, and let's just say that my team was not happy.

I giggled as I handed her a bottled water. "Listen girl, we're tied and we got one more round. We got this." She smirked and walked off.

I sighed in relief, Hayley is a small girl but has a big temper. You don't want to mess with her.

Just one more round, excitement and nerves filled me up inside. Ashley and I have to be in this final round. It's up to us to beat Jack and Aiden and win the game.

No pressure.

I shook off the nerves, it's ok it's just a game..

I wonder what it is that we'll have to do..

---

I walked over to the table and with trembling hands opened the letter.

ROUND FIVE: your final two teammates will have to do a three legged race.. Through a tough obstacle course. Goodluck and may the best team win.

"ASHLEY GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE NOW!" I yelled. Three legged race! We are so not good at three legged races! What the fuck is this!

She ran over her and gulped down her water as she glanced at the letter reading it quickly.

Water flew from her mouth all over the grass as she stood there shocked.

"Oh hell Na!" She yelled. I sighed. We have to have faith that we can do this, for the team.

"Come on Ashley. We can do this. We can beat them." She looked at me and back at the letter that was now covered in water and saliva. She tossed it on the table and grabbed my shoulders.

"Ok sister, we are going to do this and we are going to win!" She smiled.

"Hell yeah we are!" I smirked.

---

"Uhh Liz I really don't want to do this.. We're not going to win!" Ashley said. My right foot and her left foot were tied together with tight rope. I squeezed her hand reassuringly.

"Ashley we can do this.." I said. I glanced and Jack and Aiden and saw them having a small pep talk. I looked at the grass field to see a whole course already set up. There will have to be jumping, climbing, swinging, and even swimming involved.

Yes they put a freaking mini pool in the park.

Don't ask me how we haven't gotten arrested yet because honestly I don't even know.

We both stood there awaiting the whistle.. Adrenaline, fear, and nerves were all that I was feeling. 

The whistle blew loudly signaling us that it has begun. The final round is here.

Ashley and I ran on the grass field, my foot then her foot my foot then her foot. I smiled, we're doing it!

I looked back and saw Aiden and Jack behind us. I snickered as I saw them fall face first on the grass. Ashley turned back and laughed.

With both of our attention not on the race we fell face first on to the ground tripping over the first hurdle. I yelped as I tried to get back up on my feet.

"Come on Ashley!" I grabbed her and we both sat up panting. We stood up only to have Jack and Aiden pass us by sticking their tongues out.

I gasped, "they're in the lead! Run Ashley run!" We got up quickly and made it to the second hurdle. I jumped and then Ashley did as well though we weren't in the same rhythm throwing us off and making us fall once again on the grass.