Chapter 32

I dashed out of the classroom. Finally I get to go home. This Monday had been the worst.. I didn't see him today in class. It's not like him to just skip, maybe he just didn't want to see my face.

I greet people with smiles but inside the weighing pit in my stomach just keeps growing.

We need to get out of here

Yeah no kidding. I run down the stairs and rush past people. The crowd getting bigger and bigger. Laughter and voices ring inside my head making me feel dizzy. Everyone moves around me fast, like some how I'm not moving at all.

Tears form in my eyes but I push them back.

Wait till we get home. Wait till we get home.

Chanting that gets me out the door and near the busses. I gasp a breath of fresh air. I stand there breathing in deeply and trying to calm my shaking hands.

What's wrong with me?

I look around and see the parking lot close by. I start the journey and power walk towards the cars. I reach into my bag and grab a hold of gum wrappers and lipsticks.

"Where are my keys?.."

I stand in the parking lot looking like an idiot until realization hits me.

"Jack drove me.. Fuck!"

I stomp my foot and pull out my cellphone. Clasping my hand on the cold screen I dial Jack.

He answers on the first ring telling me he's on his way. I sigh and quickly make my way back to the school. I see the old oak tree and decide to sit underneath.

I use to sit here a lot and just think, but that was ages ago. I pull out a piece of gum and place it in my mouth chewing softly.

I lean my head on the tree. The school grounds now silent. I stare off into space and think about trees and how the leaves are so pretty. Anything to not think of him. I look down at a little ant on the ground and watch him make his journey across leaves and little rocks.

I smile as I see him come in contact with another ant and they begin to follow each other.

The entrance doors loudly open catching me off guard. I glance up with a slight frown only to have me heart nearly ripped out of my chest.

My lungs seem to stop working as I stare at Aiden making his way to the parking lot. I slowly bring my knees to my chest and watch him. He seems exhausted. His shirt is a little wrinkled and his hairs a mess. A hot mess but you get the idea.

I almost feel bad.

Almost.

But why wasn't he in class then? As soon as that question popped into my head his gaze drifted up and his blue eyes connected with mine.

They grew bigger as he soon realized it was me.. My heart stopped beating as soon as his foot steps stopped walking.

He stood there shocked and confused.

What never expected to run into me at the same school that I go to? Hmm.

He opens his mouth to say something but before he can a loud honk startles the both of us. I get up quickly and see Jack in my jeep.