chapter 6

Penelope's (P.O.V.)

Derek and I were cuddling on my couch when we heard a loud BOOM, Derek grabbed his gun and walked off, I heard a bunch of gun shots, by now I was crying.

"Derek", then some dude tried to grab me, "no", then Derek knocked him out with a fire extinguisher," Derek are you okay baby".

"I'm fine just a couple of cuts and bruises".

"are you sure".

"yes baby can you call Hotch".

"yeah on it" I started to walk around the dude on the ground when he grabbed my leg, "DEREK".

Derek shot him, Derek grabbed me and pulled me outside. "are you ok did he hurt you".

"no Derek I'm fine", I grabbed my phone and called Hotch. "Hey Garcia what do you got".

"the unsub he just tried to kill me and Derek".

"is he still breathing","no I don't think but we can check".

"ok was this all self defence".

"yes sir"

"ok be there in five minutes". I hung up.

I walked back to my office and I checked his pulse. He is still breathing. I wrapped his bullet wound with a scarf and told Derek.

"Derek they are gonna be here in five minutes".

"ok stay safe baby girl".

"okay", we walked into his office.

He called someone to clean up the crime scene. Also for an ambulance for the unsub, I walked out of the BAU and sat on a bench waiting for the team to get back. They pulled up in the SUV's, JJ and Emily ran to me.

"are you and Derek ok" JJ asks.

"yeah I'm fine but I don't know about Derek he says he has a few cuts and bruises", We walked inside.

"so where did all this go down" Em asks.

"outside and inside my office".

"oh garci I'm so sorry" JJ pulls me in for a hug.

"it's ok Derek protected me that's why I love him".

"aww wait your in love with Derek" Em sounds intrigued.

"of course I am".

"does he love you".

"yes he tells me everyday"

"awe" they both say.

I walked into Derek's office and saw him with his head down on his desk.

"Derbear the team is here".

"ok I'm coming", he hopped up and walked out with me.

"Morgan are you ok", Hotch said running up.

"yeah I'm fine and it actually turns out he was after Penny not me I was an obstacle".

"well Damn Derek throw me in the gutter".

"oh sorry baby".

"it's ok I'm just joking".

"y'all can go home if you need to".

"I don't know Derek what do you think".

"I think we should stay here".

"okay then we are staying also an ambulance is coming for that douchebag",we walked into the round table room.

"so who was that guy anyway" Hotch asks us.

"I don't know he had a mask on, let's go see" I say, we walked to my office.

We went in and pulled his mask off, I gasped and ran off into the bathroom, then JJ and Emily came in.

"what's wrong".

"the dude who tried to kill me and Derek he works for the FBI his name is Kevin Lynch" I try to choke back my sobs.

"how do you know" JJ asks me.

"cause I use to date him and I recently broke up with him to be with Derek" I continue to cry

"oh my".

"yeah and I knew it was him because of his glasses".

"are you ok" Em asks a dumb question.

" NO WHY WOULD I?", then I started hyperventilating.

I heard Derek at the door. "Penelope can you come out".

"no go away I don't want you to see me like this".

"Penny you always look perfect to me so please come out here so I can hug you", I walked out and he pulled me into his strong embrace.

"why are you so good to me".

"cause I love you", he leaned down and kissed me.

We went to his office and I laid down on his couch, "Derek I know this is straight forward and all but do you want to move in together".

"of course baby it'll be good for us".

" yeah and I don't want to live or spend the rest of my life with anyone but you boo".

"me neither baby", Derek got on his knees in front of the couch and started wiping my tears away, "sleep tight baby girl", then he put a blanket on me.

"thanks baby boy".

"no prob baby now sleep".

I heard people running and talking about Kevin, it's probably the ambulance and police officers, then I drifted off to sleep.

I'm sorry I made y'all wait it builds suspense.