chapter 43

Derek's P.O.V.

When I wake up I realize that Penelope and I fell asleep. I gently move my arm from under her and sit in one of the very uncomfortable hospital room chairs. I look at my phone to see the time, 8:39 AM. Penelope looks so peaceful sleeping there. She moves her hand to the side of the bed I slept at.

She sits up, "Derek" she asks.

"I'm here baby go back to bed" I whisper.

"Babe why did you get off the bed, those chairs are very uncomfortable" She says patting the bed beside her.

"Baby I have to go use the bathroom, I'll be right back" I give her a quick kiss and go to the bathroom.

Once I get back Penelope is on her phone, I lay my head on her legs.

"What are you doing" she asks grinning.

"I'm just looking..." I pause for effect, "at the most gorgeous and extremely sexy woman God ever created".

"Awe Derbear, you my kind sir are right and too sweet" she leans down and gives a slow and heated kiss.

When she pulls back up she winces and grabs her stomach. She curses under her breath and I hop off the bed.

"Baby are you ok" I ask concerned.

"Uh yeah I'm fine, just a little technical difficulties" she says trying to be strong.

"Hey Penelope" she looks up and kiss her.

We continue to kiss and I had to pull back from the kiss because I ran out of breath.

"Derek you always know what to do to make me feel better" Penelope says kissing my cheek.

"Baby girl I know I shouldn't but is it bad I'm really turned on right now" I whisper into her ear.

Her face flushes and she says, "no it's not bad because I am too, but sadly the doctor isn't here yet to dismiss me" she smirks.

I jump off the bed and go search for the doctor.

Penelope's P.O.V.

I am sitting here grinning my ass off, Derek is such a goofball when he is turned on. I hear a knock on the door and my doctor comes in.

"Hey Penelope" my doctor says sitting beside me in one of the chairs.

"Hi Dr Delores" I say fixing the blanket.

"How are you feeling" she asks.

"My stomach suffers from minor pains but nothing I'm not able to bare. Other than that I feel great and I want to go home with my hubbie" I say excited.

"Well let's check and see if you are fit to go" she says sitting her laptop down.

She walks up to me and checks my vitals. She presses on my stomach and asks me what I feel. I wanted to scream a lot of fucking pain but I refrained from that.

"It causes a little bit of pain but I can deal with it" I lie.

"Well it looks to me that you are fit. When you are home redo the bandages once a day when you wake up and take some Tylenol if your stomach hurts a lot. I brought the release papers for you. Just fill them out and give them to the front desk" she directs me.

"Thank you" I thank her.

"Of course bye" she walks out.

I take my gown off and put my pants on. Derek walks in and I am having a hard time with my shirt. He helps me put it on a certain way so I don't feel discomfort.

"Thanks" I kiss his cheek.

"No prob and I'm assuming you're free to go since you're getting dressed" he says grabbing the papers.

"Yes can you fill those out while I get my stuff ready" I ask.

"Yes honey" he says filling them out.

I put my shoes on and I get my things ready. Derek finishes with the papers and takes them to the front lady. He comes back with a wheel chair.

"I don't need that" I say aggravated.

"Yes you do it's protocol" he argues.

I sit down and he pushes me out while I carry our stuff. He pushes me out to the car and I get it. A man comes up and takes the wheel chair. Derek gets in and we drive home.