chapter 37

Penelope's P.O.V.

I drop the keys and bend over to grab them. When someone grabs my ass and I don't move.

"Baby it's me, don't freak out" Derek says running his hand between my thighs.

I hold back a moan and stand up straight again. I hand Derek the keys and sit on the hood of the car.

"Derek you know what would be really hot. Sex on a car" I purr.

"Babe it's the middle of the day and out in the open" he tells me.

"Fine I'll wait" I purr and get in the car.

Time skip

We pull up to Gideon's cabin with all of our stuff. We get out and walk to the front door. As I am about to knock, the door flies open and Gideon stands there with an enormous smile.

"Hey Jason" I say pulling him into a hug.

"Hey Penelope" he says hugging Derek after me. "Hey Morgan".

"Hey Jason, and you never could call me by my first name" Derek says smiling.

"Yeah, but I heard you two are going out" he says with a curious glint in his eyes.

"Engaged actually" I show him the ring.

"Gorgeous" he says letting us inside and the rest of the team is sitting in the living room.

"Hey guys sorry we're late Penelope had to pack all her makeup" Derek says mocking me.

"Derek don't I need my makeup, and don't try me. I want to be happy with my friends and family" I snap sitting next to Henry and Jack on the floor.

Jack and Henry are playing with toys. "Auntie Penny can you play with us, no one else will" Henry asks with a puppy dog face.

"Of course baby, what are we gonna play" I ask.

"We are playing War" Jack says scooting closer to me.

"Oh ok so who am I going to be" I ask.

"You are going to be the computer guy" They both say at the same time.

"Oh interesting, I might be a little rusty but I can manage" I say grabbing my character.

"Computer dude where are the bad guys at" Henry asks playing with the Commanding Officer toy.

"They are coming towards us, I'm afraid" I say moving my doll around.

"Knock knock boom" Jack say throwing stuff around.

"Looks like they are here now" I mumble. "Ok I'm sending the armies after them".

"Boom, I got the bad Commander, he's dead, we win" Henry says throwing his toy down.

"Yay that's great" I say giving him a high five.

"No fair you had Auntie Penelope's help" Jack says crossing his arms over his chest.

"Oh baby I'll play on your side next time, but Auntie Penelope needs to walk around before her legs fall asleep, ok" I ask standing up.

"Yeah" he says jumping in his spot.

The team was watching me play with the boys. "Penelope have you ever considered having kids one day" Aaron asks me.

"Um I don't know, I love kids but... If I decide to have kids I'll have to leave work. You guys need me and I love my job. I-I um I don't think I want kids right now, I'm 35 I know I'm not getting any younger. I... I" I stop talking when I feel like crying. "Um Jason where's your bathroom" I ask him.

"Down the hall 3rd door on the left" he directs me.

I speed walk to the bathroom. I take a deep breath and splash some water in my face. Someone knocks on the door and JJ comes in.

"Hey are you okay" she asks me.

"Yes I'm fine but the topic of having children got me in a loop" I admit.

"Well what's got you in a loop" she asks.

"I'm afraid to have kids because what if Derek and I have kids and Derek gets shot. What am I going to tell them when they ask when is daddy coming home. Oh sorry baby daddy got killed because mommy didn't help him" I say crying.

"Penny you know that's how I feel every time I go to work and come home to Henry it scares the living shit out of me" she tells me.

"So this is normal" I ask.

"Yes now can you come back" she asks me.

"Yes just give me a second" I say taking off my glasses.

I fix my makeup and put my glasses back on. We walk back into the living room and they look to me.

"Derek can I talk to you" he jumps up.

"Yeah sure" we walk to the kitchen.

"Baby do you want kids because I sure as Hell do" I ask him.

"Yes baby I want whatever you want, so do you want to try and see if we can get pregnant".

"Ok sounds like fun" I say giving him a slow and loving kiss.

"Ahem people standing here" Jason says.

We turn and the whole team is there. "God Damn do you people know what privacy means" Derek asks.

"Nope" they say and we all go back to the living room.

We all chat and spend time with each other. I continue to play with Henry and Jack.