Chapter 22

Penelope's (P.O.V.)

I woke up to feeling Derek kissing my shoulder, "Derek I'm not in the mood".

"Come on we don't have work today".

"No Derek".

"Come on".

"No Derek no".

"Fine", i got comfortable again and was falling back to sleep. Until.... Derek wrapped his arm around me and started groping my breasts.

I ripped his hands off me, "Derek if you don't stop I will make you sleep on the couch".

"Fine okay I'll stop but I just can't get you out of my head to you moaning my name to how good you tasted".

"Derek please just... Go to sleep. It's really early and I'm tired I don't have the energy" I whisper.

"Ok baby" he kisses the side of my neck. He spoons me and I hear him snoring. I fall asleep along side him.

Later on I wake up and Derek is on his phone. He leans down and kisses me. He pulls away.

"Lets go get some breakfast" he suggests.

"Ok I am hungry" I get up and so does he. We both get dressed.

We get into the car and drive to our favorite diner. Big Bertha's. We sit down in a booth and Bertha walks up to us.

"Hey guys. Do y'all want the usual" she asks.

"Hi and no. I want a plate of eggs and french toast please hon" I tell her.

"Penelope but of course. You are one of my best customers you get what you want and Derek what will you be having" Bertha asks Derek.

"I'll have a bacon and egg sandwich you know how I like it" he grins and Bertha smiles.

"You're food will be here in a few minutes" she says and walks off yelling to the cooks our order.

Bertha is like family. She was one of my friends in high school and now she still is.

"So Derek..." I can't think of anything to talk about. Usually I'm a chatter box.

"Yeah honey" he asks.

"I don't know what to talk about" I laugh.

"Well..." he takes my hands in his. "... Me neither".

I smile and lean in. Derek does too. Our lips meet in a short and loving kiss.

"Oh how's your mom" I pull away from the kiss and ask.

"Oh she's fine. She wants us to come visit but with our busy schedules I don't see a good time to go".

"Well we need to find time" I tell him. "How's Des and Sarah".

"Oh Sarah is fine. Also Des's son Matthew's birthday was not too long ago" he tells me.

"How old did he turn" I ask.

"Ten".

"Really the big two digits. Teen hood isn't too far away".

Derek chuckles and lifts my hands to his lips. His rough goatee scrapes against my skin. It feels weird but good. Derek lays a kiss down on the knuckles on both of my hands.

"You know you are crazy right" Derek asks me.

I nod my head and we both laugh. "I'm so happy I have you" I give him a slight peck.

"You know what's funny. I've never been the guy for PDA in a relationship but with you I want everyone to know you're mine" Derek has a lustful look in his eyes.

"Je t'aime" I whisper.

"Je t'adore" he whispers back.

"Well aren't you the two cutest things" Bertha says walking up with our food. She sits the plates down.

It smells so good that my mouth starts watering. "Bertha you surprise me every time. It smells amazing" I grab a fork and dig into my eggs. It tastes so good I moan in satisfaction.

"I'm assuming it's good" Derek teases me.

"Bertha. You are the absolute best. Its uber delicious" I tell her.

"Thanks Hon" Bertha smiles.

"Yeah Bertha it's really good" Derek says.

"Well call me if you need anything" Bertha walks off.

We eat and we don't talk much. After we finish eating Bubba, Bertha's girl friend, comes and gets our plates. Before Bubba leaves she drops off the check. Derek gets out some money and a lot more than what the bill was. We stand up and walk over to the counter. Bertha walks up to us and Derek places the wad of money into her hand.

"Derek this is too much" Bertha says after counting it.

"I know keep it" Derek says.

"Guys I can't accept this" Bertha tells us.

"No give backs" I grin.

"Am I the only sane one" Bubba takes the money from Bertha and places it into the register. Bubba runs around the counter and engulfs Derek and I in a hug. "Thank you guys".

"No problem" I say as we pull away. "We got to go but ta ta for now guys".

"Bye" Derek says before we leave. We head back home. I'm still really tired so we lay down and fall asleep.