Chapter 40

Derek's P.O.V.

Penelope and Jack are still asleep. I climb out of bed and kiss their foreheads. I walk to the kitchen and make some water.

"Hello Derek" I turn and see a gun pointed at me.

"Who are you" I ask examining their features.

Its a woman because her black shirt caresses her chest. "Derek I can't tell you that".

I see Penelope walking in but she stops. She grabs the hidden gun and points it at the figure. Penelope cocks the revolver.

"What do you want" I ask distracting her.

"I want you Derek, Penelope doesn't deserve you" she says getting close to me.

"Yeah she doesn't but the real question is do you".

"Yes Derek yes" she takes her mask off.

SAVANNAH? "But give me the gun, we can go right now. I miss you and I love you. Just give me the gun"

"No I can't do that" she says.

"Well I can do this bitch" Penelope puts the end of the revolver on Savannahs head. "Try anything and I shoot your ass. I have wanted to do this ever since you cheated on the best man in the world to me".

"Fucking whore" Savannah yells.

"Now hand me the gun or I'll shoot. NOW and Savannah I'm not the one who cheated" Savannah hands Penelope the gun. "Now Derek go get some handcuffs. I know you brought some".

I run upstairs and grab them. I run back downstairs and I hear a gunshot. I run to the kitchen and Savannah is on the ground. She has a gun shot in her leg and Penelope has a knife in her stomach.

The team rushes downstairs.

"DEREK WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED" Hotch yells.

"Go tend to Savannah and someone help me" I say crying trying to stop the bleeding. "Come on baby girl open your eyes".

Penelope's not responding well. "Derek I love you" she says barely audible.

"Open your eyes. SOMEONE CALL A FUCKING AMBULANCE STOP STANDING THERE" I yell tears streaming down my face.

JJ calls an ambulance and Emily tends to Savannah's wound. I don't know whether to take the knife out or leave it.

"D-derek" Penelope says.

"Yes baby I'm here stay with me don't close your eyes".

A few minutes later a medic comes running in and I move. "We need to get her to a hospital now".

They rush a gurney in and put Penelope on it. They rush and put her in an ambulance.

"Can I come too she's my fiance" I ask following then.

"Yes get in" I jump in and sit to Penelope's right side.

I take her hand, "Baby open your eyes. Stay with me honey".

We make it to the hospital, Penny flat lined once but they got her back. They rush her to surgery and I have to stay in the waiting room. I have blood all over me and I am freaking out. WHY NOT ME. The guys walk in and the kids do too.

"Where is auntie Penny, is she ok" Henry asks.

"I don't know Henry" I admit. I stand up and pick him up, "do you know how much I love aunt Penelope". He shakes his head 'no', "I love her like no tomorrow, I love her as if the sun would never shine again because she is my sunshine".

I feel a tear slip down my cheek, I sit him down. "Uncle Derek don't cry".

"I'm not crying, my eyes are sweating" I joke.

He hugs me and I hug back. I release from the hug, "go to your mom".

He runs over to JJ, "Derek it's going to be okay" Emily tries to assure me.

"I don't know that, you don't know how bad it feels to watch the love of your life suffering in front of you. And you can't do anything to help them. She saved me and I couldn't save her. Damn it Savannah" I say, more tears starting to flow. "Penelope is my whole reason for living, she is the reason I wake up in the morning".

"Derek it's going to be okay she is tough" Dave says.

"This is my fault, the only reason she got hurt is me. Savannah was there for me not Penelope" I say dropping to my knees.

"Derek this is not your fault, it's Savannah's" Blake says hugging me.

She lets me go, "all we can do right now is wait".