chapter 29

Derek's P.O.V.

We land and I run off. I grab my phone and call Penelope. She answers.

"Hey Derek" she says.

"Hey baby girl its so nice to hear you voice" I say truthfully.

"Well I'm flattered and it's nice to hear yours too" she says I can sense she is smiling over the phone.

"Baby I really am happy you are in your office because I just had this horrible nightmare" I say.

"What happened in the nightmare, baby" she asks.

"You were one of the victims and you were pregnant with my baby".

"Oh my God Derek now I'm scared" she says.

"He can't get you he is here in Michigan and I would never let him anywhere near you without putting a bullet in his head".

"Awe Derek this is why I love you and I need to tell you that when you catch this dude I got a surprise for you".

"What kind of surprise" I ask grinning.

"It shows a lot of skin, it's black and purple, I wear it when I'm in the mood" she says.

"Oh Damn we need to catch this guy already" I say excited.

"Mmhmm oh if you come home late I'll be ready for you, well I got to go bye baby".

"Bye" I say hanging up.

Rossi walks over, "what was that about".

"Nothing we just need to hurry up and catch this dude so I can get home" I say quickly.

I get in the drivers seat of one of the SUV's and Rossi gets into the passenger seat.

We go to every bar and no seems to know who this dude is. We pull up to the station and get out. We walk inside and some lady comes up to me.

"Hi I'm Sheriff Jones I don't think I've met you" she says shaking my hand.

"Oh you haven't we are part of the BAU, this is SSA David Rossi and I'm SSA Derek Morgan" I say.

"Oh I knew I haven't met that handsome face before" she says smiling.

"Uh yeah Rossi she hasn't met your handsomeness" I say nudging him.

"Oh no I was talking about you" she says pointing to me.

"Uh where's our team" I ask nervously.

"They are in that room over there" she points to a room.

I zoom off in that direction and run into the room.

"Hey Derek what's got you so weirded out" Emily asks.

"Sheriff Jones was flirting with me and I just zoomed off" I say.

"Dang" She smiles.

"Ok so what have y'all found out" I ask.

"Nothing really except they aren't picked at random" Reid says.

"Ok so at the bar they didn't really see anyone who stuck out except for one guy who left when the girls left, they assumed he was their fiance" I say.

"Ok if we don't get any leads we might have to go to plan B" Hotch states.

"What's plan B" I ask.

"You and Penelope" JJ says.

"What the fuck is wrong with y'all don't you know that Penelope is already scared to death of this case" I say angry.

"Its a precaution Derek" Hotch says.

"No it won't come to that, I won't let you put Penelope in danger" I say madder than Hell.

"She won't be in danger you will be with her" they say trying to calm me down.

"No now what if it does come to that how am I suppose to tell Penelope that we are risking her life for one guy" I say near tears.

"We hope it won't come to that" they say.

"Me too" I say when my phone rings.

I look at it to see Penelope, I answer and put it on speaker.

"Hey Penelope what do you got" I ask.

"Wait one second Derek what's wrong, something's wrong" she says concerned.

"I'm fine Baby Girl, tell me what you got" I assure her.

"Derek are you sure-" I cut her off, "Penelope I'm fine tell me what you got" I raise my voice.

"Did you just yell at me Derek" she gasps.

"No I'm sorry just tell me what you got" I apologize.

"Fine they all went to the same cafe and they found some DNA on the bodies, I sent all of this to your tablets" she says.

"Thank you" I thank her.

"Yeah sure" then she hangs up.

"FUCK now she's mad at me I'm a fucking idiot" I say face palming myself.

I grab my phone and walk outside. I call her again and she answers.

"Penelope I'm so sorry I didn't mean to yell at you I'm just stressed out" I apologize.

"Its ok Derek so you need anything" she asks.

"Yeah look up women who fit the description and just got out of a relationship" I say.

"Ok I got one match she was engaged but they broke up, her name is Brittney Andrews" she says.

"Address" I ask.

"Already sent to your phones"

"Love you".

"I love you too" she says hanging up.

I run inside the room we all are in, "I know where he's headed next".

"Lets go" Hotch says.

We get in the cars and are off.