0.2; "He's dark."

My heart started racing once I saw the gigantic school

My heart started racing once I saw the gigantic school. Back in Florida my school wasn't even half the size of this one. I saw groups and crowds of people outside, chattering along.

"Can I tell you a secret?" Maya suddenly snapped me out of my daze with her voice. I turned towards her, before I nodded.

"I've gone to school with these same people all my life, but I'm nervous. You're not the only one." She said, almost like she was trying to reassure me. "I'm nervous but excited." I said, while adjusting the strap on my shoulder. "Yeah you sound so sure." She laughed, nudging my side with her elbow teasingly as I glanced back up towards the building. "Come on, let's go face this together." She said, before linking her arm with mine. Even though we just met, I kind of feel like I've known her my whole life.

We both walked along, about to walk up the stairs before I suddenly felt a force clash against my shoulder, my bag getting abruptly  thrown down to the ground behind me. I groaned. How rude. I told Maya to stay put while I ran behind me, as I quickly scurried off in search of my backpack amongst the crowds of people walking inside. Once I caught sight of the familiar purple bag, I bent down to pick it up with my clammy hands, but as soon as I stood back up I felt myself knock into something else.

"Oh I'm sorry-"

I began to mutter, my mind not beginning to process what had just happened before my eyes suddenly locked with these beautiful, mesmerizing green ones. It was as if all of the oxygen was suddenly purely sucked out of my body, as I suddenly felt like my breath was taken away. I was utterly speechless. A visibly taller guy stood before me, his face inched close to mine. I could feel the tingling of his minty breath against my lips. Pieces of his dark blonde hair had fallen in front of his face, as his plump, pink lips curled upwards, as he smiled lightly.

"It's alright." He spoke softly, glancing into my eyes. I truly was at a loss for words, I did not know what to say. I just stood there, not moving, as if I was lifeless. He pursed his lips, before I suddenly felt a soft hand, graze down my arm and to my wrist, as he walked away. I didn't even realize that he was holding my arm. I felt my stomach do a weird twirl, as I quickly turned around but he was gone. I just stood there, mouth wide open. Like an idiot. Maya ran over to me.

"Oh. My. Gosh." She gasped. I looked at her. "Who was that?" I asked. She scooted closer to me, as if she didn't want anyone else to hear. "That was Lucas Friar." She replied. "Lucas Friar.." I said to myself, quietly.

"He's trouble."

She said. I snapped my head towards her direction. "What do you mean?" I asked. She scooted closer to me again, and this time she was whispering. "He's bad news. A lot of people are scared of him, always have been since the middle 8th grade when he came here from Texas. He's done a lot of bad things, Riley. I wouldn't say he's a player-no actually I would, but he's just, I don't know how to explain it." She said. I looked at her.

"He's dark."

She replied. I felt my stomach do a weird twirl, but it wasn't like the last one. "But he was so kind..." I said softly.

"Normally, if someone knocked into him he wouldn't of taken it. No matter who it is. But you... He smiled at you." She said. "So?" I shrugged. "Riley you don't get it. He doesn't do that. Hell he isn't nice, he isn't kind and gentle. Something's different." She replied. I don't know. I can't worry about this right now, we need to get into school. "Okay well how about we forget about that for right now and get inside?" I said. She smiled. "Ok."

We linked arms again before taking a deep breath, and walking inside.

I felt all eyes on me. I felt my cheeks heat up, I was probably as red as a tomato right now. I looked over at some people in the classroom. One girl gave me a dirty look, one boy was smirking at me. Two other boys were trying to hold in a laugh. One girl was kind and smiled, and then, I saw someone I didn't expect to see, Lucas Friar. He was staring straight into my eyes.

"Class, I'm your new teacher for the year, Mr. Savage. Now we have a new student here with us, Riley Matthews. I hope you guys will make her and I feel welcomed here. You may take a seat right over there Ms. Matthews." The teacher said, pointing to an empty seat. Great. It was right in front of Lucas Friar. As I was walking over, my eyes met with his, but I quickly looked away. He was smirking. I sat down and Maya sat right beside me, giving me an awkward look. I gave her a light smile. I decided to ignore Lucas, and focus on the lesson. After all it was my first class and I really don't want to worry about some boy I just met. But he didn't seem like just any boy.. He was different. But what Maya said made me feel twisted. He seemed dangerous. I pushed all those thoughts to the back of my mind, and focused. I had a good feeling about this school though, I think I will really like it.

A/N: I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far

A/N: I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far. This is my first story though so I'm sorry if it isn't very good! Lucas a dark bad boy? SEXY. I know that Riley isn't from Florida but this is a story so I just wanted clarify that. Lucas is 16, Riley and Maya are 15. Farkle will be coming up soon and maybe Charlie...? Ooooh, drama.

I'd love it if you guys favorited and commented! Tell me your thoughts! Until next chapter have a good day my lovely Rucas shippers, or anyone reading this. :).