1.1; "Afraid."

R I L E Y

I just lied in my bed on my side, overthinking about every possible thing that happened today. I twirled a piece of hair around my finger, as the moonlight shone through my window and onto my bed. I chewed at the bottom of my lip as I lied there in silence, with only one thing on my mind.

Lucas.

I had never really had the chance to fantasize, or even think about him for more than a couple moments, because of his attitude. But I've always questioned myself, when I'm around him. But more now than ever before.

He confuses me, he makes me curious yet he infuriates me all at the same time. And those are a lot of things to feel at once. When I'm with him... I never know what's going to happen. Why? I don't know. Why was he all I could think of while I kissed Charlie? Again, I have no idea. Why am I even thinking about him right now? I can't stop. I felt my heart beat faster and I felt goosebumps arise on my skin.

His lips. His eyes. His smile. His deep voice. His minty breath. His cologne. His demeanor.

Him.

All of him.

I suddenly felt myself immediately sit up in my bed, as if I just had woken up from a dream. My breathing was heavily and I felt like I was going to have a heard attack. I was determined to find out why he is the way he is. All the things he's done, the way he's acted, shouldn't it affect the way I feel about him? Why am I ignoring those things? Because I feel like that's not who he really is, that he's better than that? Why do I think of him in that way.

This can't be happening, it just can't be. I feel about 100 emotions when I'm with him, I don't think you're supposed to feel that when you're with someone? Or are you? Oh my God, no. It can't be. I can't avoid this.

I quickly got out of my bed, pacing around my room, before I sat down in my bay window, that was illuminated by the moonlight from outside. I just sat there, before the realization came to me.

I like Lucas Friar.

>>>>>>

L U C A S

I stood at my locker, shoving my things in before pulling out my phone. I glanced up from my phone, gazing around the hallway. Halloween posters for the school haunted house were planted allover the walls. Lame ass haunted house.

Suddenly I saw Missy walking down the hall towards me. I quickly averted my eyes down to my phone, hoping that she wouldn't notice me.

"Hello Lucas." I heard a too familiar, annoying voice.

Shit. I mumbled. I looked up.

"Missy." I said sternly. She fluttered her, fake clumpy eyelashes together, just making her look stupid. She twirled her hair around, getting closer to me.

"So, I was just wondering. I kind of need someone to walk me through the haunted house, since I get so scared.. Also I heard that there is a party afterwards." She smirked. I leaned in, close to her face. She bit her lip.

"It's never going to happen, Missy." I spat. Her expression went from a fake smile, to a bitchy pout. "All you've ever wanted was to get into bed with me, clearly now you've missed your opportunity." She gave me an evil grin.

"I don't think I've missed out on anything." I replied smugly. She shot daggers into my eyes. "You'll regret that, Lucas Friar." She said sharply. "The only thing I've regretted was ever giving you a chance." I responded. She took her hand and slapped it straight across my face. I felt the sting immediately.

"You WILL love me, Lucas Friar." She hissed, grabbing the collar of my shirt and pulling me up close to her face.

"No matter what it takes." She whispered harshly, before pushing me up against the locker, and storming off.