4.8; "Let me go."

R I L E Y

"Riley!"

Someone called out. I quickly jumped up in fright, as I swiftly put the covers back on my bed. I was trying to find my journal, but I couldn't find it anywhere. I don't remember where I put it last.

Damn amnesia.

"Riley." Someone spoke again, before they peeked their head through my doorway. It was my mom. "Yes?" I replied, adjusting my flustered self. Where could it be? I thought that it might help me remember something, if I even wrote in it after I came to New York, which I don't remember either.

"Are you ready to head to the venue? We have to go help Maya and her mom get ready." My mom says, and I nod my head. Today was Katie's wedding, Maya's mother. She was going to marry my uncle Shawn. I am so happy for Maya, she loves Shawn.

"Yeah. Just let me grab my bag and a few things." I said, and my mom nodded her head with a smile, before she walked out. I let out a big sigh, as I walked over to my closet and grabbed a big tote bag, before I began to shove all my makeup and necessities in.

Suddenly, I felt a buzz in my pocket. I quickly pulled it out, noticing that it was Lucas. I smiled, before I hit enter.

"Hey stranger." I spoke, setting the cold device to my ear, making it tingle. I hear a ruffled chuckle on the other end, which just made my smile deepen ever more. "Hey beautiful." He responded, as I walked around my room and over to my mirror to change into a tee shirt. I blushed.

"Whats up?" I asked, before I threw my shirt over on my chair, and slipped on my Beatles band tee.

"I just wanted to know what time me and Zay should be at the venue?" Lucas asks. "Be there at two." I responded, as I threw my bag over my shoulder and began to walk out of my room, turning off the light behind me. "Okay, thanks. I- uh, can't wait to see you.." Lucas trailed off, and I bit the edge of my lip. "Your attempt to flirt on the phone isn't going very well." I laughed, before I waltzed into the kitchen, only to see my mom flailing around the house trying to grab stuff quickly. Katie was basically my mom's best friend, no wonder she's stressed about the wedding.

"Hey, a guy can try." Lucas responded, and I looked down to the floor and smiled. "I guess you're right. But I hey gotta go, my mom's about to have an aneurysm, I think I should help her." I giggled, as my mom began to accidentally trip over something. Oh gosh.

"Okay. I'll see you later." He responded, and I could tell he was  smirking on the other end. "Bye." I smiled, before I ended the call.

"This is going to be a disaster! I can't find the wedding plate napkins!" My mom exclaimed, and I rolled my eyes, before I walked over to the counter. "Right here, mom.." I spoke, and her eye's lit up. I handed her the napkins. "Oh thank God." She said breathlessly, before she gave me a light hug and I chuckled.

"Okay lets go." I spoke, readjusting the bag on my shoulder before we began to head out the door.

.......

Me and my mom walked into the garden where the wedding was going to be held, there were people moving in and out setting tables and chairs up.

"It's so beautiful here, all these flowers." I say, as I leaned over towards a rosebush and smelt. It was a perfect sunny day, I hope all things go well for Maya and her family. "It is, the ceremony will be held here but the reception will be held over there." My mom spoke, as she pointed upwards towards a glass building, with a fountain. There was a sidewalk connecting out from the garden and over towards the building.