2.7; "Moving on."

1 Week Later

Ring.

Ring.

Ring.

'The person you are trying to reach is currently unavailable. Please leave a message at the beep.'

Beep.

"Hey, Lucas..." Riley whispered into the phone.

"I know I've called you over a million times already, but I haven't left a voicemail yet and well... I just want you to come home please. I'm so sorry."

She mellowed, trying to restrain herself so she didn't cry.

"Please come back to me."

1 Month Later

"It's me again. About the note, why? Why can't you tell me? Is it because you don't trust me? All I've done is trust you. But you're still not here, and I'm so w-worried about you, I just need to know that you're okay." Riley spoke into the phone delicately.

"Please come back."

2 Months Later

"You've been gone for two months, Lucas. Two months!" Riley cried, holding the necklace close in her hands. She had been trying to convince herself to move on, but it's been too hard.

But she's trying, she just needs to know that Lucas is okay. That's all she wants to know. She knows that he practically hates her now, but she can finally move on, she can finally feel relief once she finds out that he's okay. Then she will let him have what he wants, to be alone, to be gone.

"I trusted you." She whispered. "I-I've been trying to forget about you, but it's so damn impossible. I just don't understand why you had to leave, if it was completely my fault I can't even begin to tell you how much that destroys me. Why can't you just come back? You don't have to be harsh about everything. We can figure this out." She retorted vitally.

"Just trust me."

Riley asked gently, before hanging up the phone.

3 Months Later

"This is about, what? The fiftieth voicemail I've left you? Because you won't answer. You won't answer me. You won't talk to me. You won't come back to me. Just stay safe, please. Please come back to me.."

4 Months Later

R I L E Y

I stood at my locker, before the bell rang for the last time today. I checked my phone, to see if I had any messages or calls, like I always do.

But there were none, like usual. Something I was completely used too.

I pulled out my notebook, turning to a certain page.

4 months,

16 weeks,

124 days.

He's been gone that long. Which has actually felt like 2 years, time just seems to go by so slow now and I hated that.