0.9; "I'm falling for Riley Matthews."

L U C A S

I lied down in my bed, staring up at my ceiling. I couldn't sleep, no matter how hard I tried. All I could do was think about her. And what happened earlier. Her eyes, her hair, the way she laughs. I tried pushing her to the back of my mind, but it was pointless.

I told myself, I refuse, I refused to think of her as anything more than just another girl. But she's not. She doesn't even come close to that, she's different... And I'm intrigued by her. The best way to cover it up is to be a douge bag, it just seems like the easiest thing to do. No, I can't. I won't. I won't I won't, I will not.

But I am.

I'm falling for Riley Matthews.

Oh my God.

I can't fall for her.

But why? Why can't I?

'because you're scared....'

>>>>

I only got three hours of sleep last night. I rolled around, groaning. My back was aching but my head hurt even worse. I turned on my side. I slowly opened my eyes, and I saw a figure sitting down on my couch.

"What the hell!" I yelled, before realizing that it was just Zay. Zay just innocently looked at me, eating cereal. Where did he even find that?

"What? I was hungry." He said as if he just now didn't break into someone's house and steal their food. I instantly chucked a pillow at him, making him give me a dirty look.

"You must of slept on the wrong side of the bed Mr. Cranky pants." Zay murmured, setting down his cereal. I took a deep breath, sitting up as I rubbed my face. I winced in pain, as I looked down to my bare torso. A huge bruise was there, mocking me. Last match I got kicked pretty hard.

"What are you doing here, Zay?" I finally asked. "Well, you see. I woke up. I was hungry. There is no food at my house. So hungry stomach plus me equals I end up here. Also we're hanging out today." He clapped his hands together. I just rubbed my eyes. I need a shower. I pulled the covers off of me before Zay squealed.

"AYE! No need for that to be hanging around! Put some clothes on dude!" Zay yelled, covering his eyes. I chucked another pillow at him before slipping my shorts on, and walking into my bathroom.

>>>>>>

"I'm going downtown!" Zay yelled, dancing in his seat as he loudly (and annoyingly) sang along to Macklemore. Not minding, he was also driving. I don't know why I let him do anything anymore honestly. "Where are we going!?" I yelled.

"I don't know honestly, guess we'll both just find out!" He said, trying to yell over the loud music. He went back to singing and I just laughed at him as we stopped at a red light. I chuckled before glancing over to the truck next to us. The guy in the truck had on a black hat, that covered most of his face. He looked sort of familiar, and I felt myself tense up. But I shook it off, before the red light turned green and Zay stepped on it.

We sang along, before I saw Zay pull into the mall parking lot. I furrowed my eyebrows together before giving him a look. "The mall? Really Zay?" I asked as he stopped the truck. "Dude, relax, it's not like I'm going to Victoria's Secret. Let's just pick up some chicks here." Zay winked, before hopping out of the truck. I sighed.

"Are you getting out or what?" Zay asked from outside the truck. I hopped out before walking inside with him.

>>>>>>

"Ooh dayum! Shawty lemme get your number." Zay called after a girl that walked by. The girl flipped him off. I laughed. Zay frowned, before he saw a girl, sitting alone on a bench texting. He hit my chest, before giving me a smirk. He walked over and sat down next to her. "Hey girl." He said. She looked up and gave him a disgusted look. The funniest thing in the world, Zay getting rejected. Each time gets better and better.