0.8; "Goodnight, Riley."

R I L E Y

It's been over a week and a half and it's finally Friday again. I was kind of in a grumpy mood, not just because it was that time of month, but also because Mrs. Lethung, the school principal asked me to talk to her this morning. I was scared I was in trouble, I mean I literally haven't done anything. I walked up to my locker, yawning, before opening it up. Suddenly a note fell out of locker and onto the ground. I raised my eyebrow, glancing around. Nobody was looking at me. I bent down and picked it up, before shutting my locker.

' would you do me the honor of going out with me? ;) '

And a number was on the button of the note.

I looked around again and suddenly Charlie was standing down the hall, smiling at me. I grinned. I nodded yes towards him, and he smiled even wider. I blushed before internally squealing. I felt my phone buzz in my hand, but I ignored it. I shoved the note into my back pocket and headed towards the principals office. Charlie Gardner.. Asked me out? Oh my gosh. What is life.

I knocked on Mrs. Lethung's door. She turned around. She wasn't particularly nice, but also wasn't super rude. She was kind of in-between. She must of heard me, because she swiftly turned her chair around.

"Ah, Ms. Matthews. Take a seat." She said and I did so. I couldn't hold it in any longer, I just busted. "Am I in trouble?" I quickly asked. She let out a light laugh and shook her head. "No you are not in trouble. I just had a question for you." She said. I felt the weight lift off of my shoulders. "Yes?" I said in relief. She scooted up in her chair.

"You're one of the best students in the 9th grade, and I was wondering if you wouldn't mind tutoring one of the failing students? I would ask Farkle Minkus, but he is already tutoring four people. You will get extra credit." She said. I smiled, setting my phone down on my seat and standing up. "Sure, I'd love to help anyone that I can." I smiled. "Great! Wonderful." She said. "Who will I be tutori—" I was cut off by a knock on the door. I turned my head, and I instantly felt my stomach drop down to the floor. You have got to be kidding me.

"Oh good. You're just in time Mr. Friar, here is your tutor, Ms. Matthews." Her mood dropped also once he walked into the room. At least me and the principal have one thing in common, we both hate Lucas. He smiled at me, but I could clearly tell that it was fake.

"Ms. Matthews, this is Mr. Friar, you'll be tutoring him for a month, and if he improves over the span of the month, you're off the hook. Thank you again, Ms. Matthews." She said, before giving Lucas a sharp look. I glared at Lucas before storming out of the office. My once so called good mood, vanished into thin air. All I wanted to do was to get away from him. I was storming down the hallway, before I heard him call after me.

"Riles!"

"RILEY! Wait!" He yelled. I quickly turned around. "What!?" I spat. I was furious. I was done with his shit. He raised his eyebrow at me, laughing. "Could you be anymore prissy." He said. "You're an ass." I hissed, before turning around, but he grabbed my arm. "God dammit, I'm just trying to tell you that you left your phone back there." He said. I looked at him, then looked down to his hand. "Oh. Well, thanks..." I said quietly, as I went to grab my phone, but he wouldn't let go. "Can I please have my phone back?" I sputtered. He let go of the phone, as I slipped it in my pocket, but as I went to walk away he then grabbed my hand. I turned back to him.

"Can you let go of me?" I said. He smirked. "Please, just let go." I said in annoyance. "Oh, so you don't like this?" He asked, suddenly getting closer to me. He took grazed his thumb over my hand, and suddenly those butterflies that I felt from the first moment I met him, came back. I started to back away. He took his other hand and cuffed my small one with both of his large ones, as his thumb grazed over my wrist. I suddenly felt my back hit the locker behind me. "You don't like it when I do this?" He asked, as he looked into my eyes. His face was centimeters away from mine, and I was lost for a moment, before I did something that even surprised me.