2.6; "Just let it in."

L U C A S

'

"Why are you doing this to me?" I choked, stepping back from the man I had always hated my whole life.

"Because you deserve it." He growled, stepping closer towards me. I could feel the tears rising, I was 14 years old. You would think I would be big enough to fight back, but I was too weak. Skinny, boney. Not having proper food for the past 6 years, there was nothing that I could do.

"Just because you didn't get my mom doesn't mean you can just treat me like this. You're wrong." I cried, shaking my head. The anger in his eyes became much more fierce, and I quickly stepped back, looking for something to hold.

"You son of a bitch!" He bellowed, running up to grab me and push me against the wall.

Pounce.

Punch.

Kick.

Smack.

Punch.

I fell to the floor, clutching my stomach in agony. He continued to kick me, as I screamed in pain.

After what felt like hours, he finally stopped. I could barely breathe, I felt my ribs collapsing inward . I couldn't even cry anymore, I felt almost lifeless.

He walked away, murmuring something underneath his breath. I couldn't hear it, thinking that I might have lost hearing. Or this was the end for me. 8 years of this torture. And maybe it would all end now.

That's until I saw something, something that I had never seen before in this house.

A phone.

I coughed. As fast as I possibly could, I dragged myself on the floor over towards the table. I could feel the pain, more evident now that I was moving.

I wouldn't be able to bear the pain anything longer.

It took all the ounce and strength out of my weak body, to lean up and snatch the phone.

I then realized that it was his phone.

I heard something, so I quickly called 911.

"Hello?"

"Yes please help me!" I whispered, before I suddenly felt two hands latch around my arm. The phone fell out of my hand, before I got kicked in the back and back down onto the ground.

I just lied there as he beat me, there was nothing that I could do. This went on for minutes straight. I knew this was the end for me, that it's all going to be over soon. And that I can see them.

As I was about to close my eyes for the last time, I saw people suddenly burst through the doors. I suddenly didn't feel anymore pain.

The men in black uniforms grabbed him, quickly pulling him away. I couldn't hear anything, so I just watched as he struggled.

That's before two men came towards me with a gurney, quickly picking me out and pushing me out.

The last thing that I saw was him being shoved into a police car,

The last time I would look at the most terrifying man I have ever known,

My uncle.

'

I walked down the street, of the very unfamiliar place. Visions, and memories came beating into my mind. Snickers came from people passing by, so I made sure to keep my hoodie up high. No sight of him.