2.1; "Friendsgiving."

T H I R D   *  P E R S O N

Riley sat down in a chair, as she quietly sang along to "One Day" by Kodaline. It was one of her favorites song.

She softly applied blush to her cheeks, with a swipe of mascara onto her long eyelashes before she heard a clunk behind her. Riley swiftly turned around, before she saw Maya sitting down at the bay window.

"Peaches!" Maya exclaimed with a smile. Riley widely grinned. Maya as in a dress, which was very unusual, considering Maya was edgy. Riley still hadn't told Maya that Josh was coming, she wanted it to be a surprise.

"Hi peaches." Riley replied with a smile, as she walked over to her best friend. "So who is all coming today?" Maya queried, with a slight smirk. Riley was about to reply, but the doorbell instantly rang. Riley told everyone to meet at her house at 1:00, so everyone should be here any second. Riley's grin was wider than it has ever been before.

"Well come and see!" She exclaimed. Riley was just excited to see Maya's reaction to Josh coming. Maya giggled at Riley's silliness. They both stood up, walking towards Riley door, but as they walked by a mirror Riley checked herself one last time. She was wearing a pretty printed dress, with tights and some booties with heels and fringe. Her hair was straight, as her grandmas necklaces dangled on her chest.

She slightly smiled to herself, before her and Maya waltzed into the front room. Maya went to open up the door, as Riley checked the food on the table. Half of it was food Riley and her mom prepared earlier together, and the other half was store bought, but Riley moved them into pans to make it look like she cooked them.

Maya opened up the door, and there stood Farkle and Smackle, holding hands with cheesy turkey sweaters on. Maya tried to hold back a laugh.

"Nice sweaters." Maya finally said, bursting out in laughter. Farkle glared at Maya. Riley ran up behind Maya, also noticing the sweaters with the gigantic turkey sown on them. Riley sucked in her lips, trying to hold back her stifle of giggles.

"Hi Smackle." Riley finally said, smiling. Sometimes Riley would call her Isadora, other times Smackle.

"Hello Riley, Maya." Smackle smiled, trying to ignore Maya's stifle of giggles. "Hey Farkle." Riley says, fumbling with the door handle. Farkle grins. "Hey." He replies, before glaring back at Maya.

"Okay I'm going to go check on the mashed potatoes because I can. And it's my favorite food." Maya says quickly before bouncing over there. Riley rolled her eyes, moving out of the way so Farkle and Smackle could come in. They were so cute together, Riley always knew that they liked each other, she just didn't know they were together since they hadn't talked in weeks before.

Smackle and Farkle patted over to the table to check out the food, as Riley halfway shut the door before she heard someone shout; "Hey!"

Riley quickly opened the door, to see Josh standing there, slightly chuckling, considering that Riley almost shut him in the door.

"Hey Josh!" Riley said, quite loud so Maya could hear. Suddenly Maya's head perked up, before she dropped the dish in her hands down onto the ground. Riley's mouth fell agape, as she stared at Maya in disbelief. The glass shattering echoed throughout the apartment.

Maya just stared at Josh, before she quickly ran over to the couch, lying sideways with her hand on her hip.

"Sup." Was all she said, pretending to look casual. Farkle and Smackle fell into a fit of giggles, as Maya glared at them.

Josh couldn't help but laugh. "Hey Maya." He said unsparingly, but with a smile. Riley just frowned at the broken dish on the floor. So much for a great reaction, her mothers dish would break. Josh followed Maya over into the kitchen, as she picked up the broken glass.