4.5; "Just like yesterday."

L U C A S

I walked through the hospital doors the next day, a fresh pair of clothes and my hair still slightly damp from my shower. I held a bouquet of white roses in my hand, for Riley.

"Doctor Hemming's room B23." A voice called upon the speaker above. I cut around a corner, before I halted at an elevator. I pressed up arrow button pointing upwards, before the doors suddenly flew open.

A girl, whom had blonde hair and was almost as tall as me, stood in the elevator, her eyes staring into me. I felt my body shuffle, immediately feeling uncomfortable. I gave her a slight smile, and she gestured for me to walk in so I did.

I leaned over and pressed the floor number, before it became silent. I could feel her eyes on me, and I quickly cleared my throat, as I crossed my arms over each other, before I looked down to the flowers in my hands.

"Whoa, how do you get your muscles so toned like that?" She suddenly spoke, as my eyes darted towards her, and I jumped back slightly, as she was right beside me. Personal space?

"Uh.. I just work out, some.." I said in an awkward tone, before I felt her hand clench onto my bicep. "Well, I say it's pretty hot." She suddenly smirked, and I was more uncomfortable than ever as the heat rose to my cheeks awkwardly. I tried to pull away but her grasp was tight, who does she think she is? I literally just stepped into the elevator!

I heard the ding of the elevator, and my eyes quickly darted forward in a panic. I suddenly saw another  blonde girl, who was short, standing outside of the elevator doors, eyes now shooting at me like daggers. And another, a boy, with a black hoodie and a black beanie. Dammit Maya and Farkle.

I quickly pulled away from the girl, and jumped out of the elevator. "Wait!" The girl exclaimed behind, but the doors shut, fortunately. 

"What was that, hm?" Maya questioned, with her arms crossed over her chest. "I don't even know." I said, flustered. "She was drooling allover you, just be happy Riley didn't see that." She slyly smirked, knowing that it would get underneath my skin. I scoffed.

"I was just standing in the elevator and she suddenly decided to throw herself on me, I was innocent!" I put my hands up in immediate surrender. Maya suddenly laughed, as we walked towards Riley's room. "Yeah, sure." Farkle said with a laugh, before we all suddenly got halted in front of Riley's room, by Mr. and Mrs. Matthews hauling stuff out.

I furrowed my eyebrows, and Maya looked just as confused as me.

"What are you guys doing?" Farkle asked, puzzled, and Topanga stopped, and looked at us all with a wide smile.

"Riley's getting moved to another room, she's doing so well, that she will be out of the hospital in four days." Topanga grinned, and I couldn't help but smile. 

But then, the reality settled in.

She still hasn't remembered me..

"U-Um Mrs. Matthews.. has.. she remembered, anything?" I said quietly, before I nervously bit down on the side of my lip. Topanga let out a sigh, before giving me a sad smile. "She hasn't yet, Lucas. But she will." She replied softly, setting her hand on my shoulder. I pursed my lips together tightly.

"Where is she, then?" I asked. "She's downstairs, room B423. We are just gathering her things." Cory suddenly said, and I nodded.

"May I go see her?" I asked. "Of course." Topanga spoke, and I nodded, before I turned around and began to walk back towards the elevator, but decided to avoid it since that incident. Besides, the stairs were faster.