1.6; "Can I trust you?"

R I L E Y

''

"Go! Run!" He screamed, trailing behind me. Tears ran down my cheeks. "I'm not leaving you!" I cried. Suddenly Lucas was grabbed and thrown to the ground. He got kicked in the face by a man and I was screaming.

"Leave him alone!" I shouted, running over to the large figure but he pulled my hair to the ground on the cold road, right beside Lucas. Suddenly the figure disappeared, and all I could hear was the sound of Lucas breathing. I felt weak, broken. My ribs were in my pain but it didn't hurt as much as my heart.

"Lucas don't die! Please stay with me!" I cried, crawling up to him. I felt him grab my hand as the blood trickled down from his forehead.

"No." I cried, incapable of speaking because of how much I was crying.

"I-It's okay." He stuttered. I cried even harder. He held my face in his hands.

And that's when I felt him lean over, as his lips met mine.

''

"Ahh!" I screamed, jolting awake in my bed. I looked around my room, as sweat trickled down my forehead. My breathing was unsteady as I gulped, before I realized.

It was just a nightmare.

I looked over to my nightstand, seeing that it was 4 in the morning. I closed my eyes tightly. It felt so...so real.

The.. Kiss. I can practically feel the tingle on my lips.

I felt my lips, and they were warm. Like his had just touched mine.

I shook my head, before throwing the covers off of my body, I needed water. My toes touched the slightly chilly floor, making my skin arise with goosebumps. I shuffled into the kitchen silently. The cracking sounds of me leaning up to grab a glass echoed throughout the living room. I quietly turned on the water and filled up my cup. I shut off the water before tip toeing back towards my room. I sighed, looking down to the ground, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear before I looked up into my doorway, and that's when I almost fainted.

I saw myself, laying down on my bed asleep. But Lucas was right next to me. I widened my eyes, moving a bit closer. It was like an out of body experience, what is going on?

I suddenly saw Lucas take his finger, and gently brush against my cheek.

"I just need to tell you this. I like you. And why you can't hear this?...I don't deserve you. You deserve Charlie. You deserve someone who can give you the best......God I wish you could hear this. But you can't..." Lucas said softly.

I felt my heart skip a beat, before suddenly, I blinked, and I was lying in my bed.

'

I looked around, realizing that I was in my bed. I quickly sat up panicking. I realized Lucas wasn't here. That wasn't real. It was a dream.. Inside of a dream. I gasped. It was the most realistic nightmare...than it turned into a dream.

Or am I still dreaming? I quickly pinched myself, and ow it hurt. Yep, this isn't a dream. Thank goodness.

I breathed deeply, before suddenly my alarm went off, making me have a heart attack. I slammed on the off button, as I looked at the time.

7:00am.

A million thoughts swirled in my mind, I was just trying to process everything. Process the nightmare, process the dream. It seemed so real....it's as if a part of me wanted it to be real.

Suddenly my door bursted open.

"Good morning!" My mom exclaimed. I furrowed my eyebrows at her, before rubbing my face. Ah this hurts. The sunlight, the thought of going to school, my pounding headache. Suddenly my stomach felt upset. Oh I don't feel good.