2.4; "Lost me forever."

L U C A S

'

I sat in the corner, in the dark grey room. Tears were streaming down my cheeks, as I held my teddy bear close.

I was all alone, something that happened quite often. A 10 year old shouldn't be left all alone, in a home with no food, no heat, for hours on end.

That's until I heard a door creep open. My little body started to shake with fear, knowing what was about to happen.

And suddenly there he was, tumbling in the room, almost looking like he was dizzy. At the time I had no idea that he was drunk, I just thought something was mentally wrong with him. And it scared me more than anything.

His eyes were dark, as he tried to stand his ground on his feet, yet he still stumbled.

"Where are you!?" He suddenly bellowed, clearly evident in his voice that he was drunk. My body was shaking, as the tears streamed down my face even faster. I hid myself underneath a table in the corner, hoping that he wouldn't see me.

But I was wrong. His evil eyes caught with mine, and my crying suddenly became louder. He stumbled over to me, as I bit my thumb tightly shaking my head.

"Get out here!" He screamed,  reaching underneath the table and snatching my arm. "No!" I cried, trying get out of his strong grasp.

I suddenly felt a hand slap against my cheek, as my feet dangled above the ground. I started screaming, but he covered my mouth, throwing me to the ground with a kick.

All I could do was cry, I didn't know what I had done wrong. I barely knew what was ever going on. I just lied there, in a curled up ball, bawling my eyes out, as I held my parents teddy bear close.

Why was this happening to me?

'

I sat in the corner of my room, lights shut off, blinds closed. My chest felt heavy, throat dry and head pounding. Everything that I've ran from, everything that I've tried to forget and push away is coming back.

He knew where I was,

And there was no turning back now. I can't put her in danger, I can't lose her.

I won't lose her.

I stood up, pancing around in a circle, stroking my hands through my hair. I was scared.

I was completely scared. Scared of him, scared of hurting her. Scared of losing her, scared of going out of my mind.

Everything was piling into my brain, and it felt like someone was trying to push me down to the ground.

All the anger, pain, hurt, came crawling back in. I grabbed a glass and threw it against the wall, before screaming.

"He can't find me!" I shouted, throwing as many things as I could find. I let it all out, everything.

That's before a saw a picture, in a little glass frame. I was about to throw it, before I realized the photo in it.

Rileys head was leaning on my shoulder, and she was laughing at something, and so was I, but you could only see half of my face.

I took my finger, gently sweeping it over her face, before I felt a lonely tear roll down my cheek.

"I won't let him find you." I whispered.

>>>>>>>>>

R I L E Y

"Mom! Are you sure this is how it's supposed to fit!?" I yelled from my room, as my mother was in the restroom trying to find a hair pin. I let out a strangled grunt, as I felt like my chest couldn't breath. This can't be right. I stared at the dress in the mirror, a look of disgust flowing over.