0.3; "Ladies."

I looked back behind me, only to see Lucas staring at Riley

I looked back behind me, only to see Lucas staring at Riley. He normally had this dark, almost evil like look in eyes, whenever he would look, or even glance at someone. I've gotten that look plenty of times before. But the way he was looking at Riley, he could have buried a hole beneath the back of her head. I don't want Riley to get caught up with him. When he has his eyes on someone he doesn't stop... Or at least that's what I've heard. His full black attire put my edgy style to shame, and it was really hard to believe he was only 16. He could easily pass as a senior, senior ass.

Riley is so kind, I wouldn't say I'm exactly popular here, but I have a few close friends. By that I mean two. I'd rather have a few close friends rather than a bunch who are all fake and talk behind your back. But I can tell Riley and I will be close friends.

Suddenly the bell rang, and I let out a sigh of relief. Math, the first class I have for the whole year, the class I almost fail at every single year. I hurriedly shoved my books into my bag, waiting for Riley to grab her things. Lucas glanced at Riley before shoving past me and walking out. I huffed. Some things never change I suppose.

"Ready.." I let out a light giggle. She finally shoved everything into her bag. She let out a huff. "Yes." She nodded.  I rolled my eyes and smiled as we both walked out. "What's the next class that we have?" She questioned. "Mrs. Moyer, biology." I quickly replied. Suddenly I felt a tap on my shoulder, making me jump a bit.

"Ladies." I heard a seemingly too familiar voice. I smirked before swiftly turning me and Riley back around. "Farkle." I grinned. "Farkle?" Riley questioned. I laughed. "Who would do that to you." Riley shook her head. Me and Farkle both laughed. "And who might this be?" Farkle asked, pushing his quiff up, giving Riley a quick wink, making her let out an abrupt giggle. "This is Riley Matthews. She's new here. Riley this is Farkle Minkus, one of my friends." I introduced her. "Her only friend." Farkle said, shaking Riley's hand. I smacked his chest making him wince. "She's so mean to me." Farkle pouted. "Not my fault your weak." I stuck my tongue out to him. He gave me a dirty look. Farkle, once had the Justin Bieber hair, turtle necks. He's one of the smartest guys in school. Last year he changed, he seems like another cool kid but still has the same nostalgic, nerdy personality. I've known him my whole life.

"You ladies have Mrs. Moyer for the next class?" Farkle asked and we both nodded in sync making us laugh. "I should probably find my locker while I have the time." Riley said. "You're right beside me!" I exclaimed, checking our pieces of paper. Her jaw dropped. "I think it was fate, you were sent to me from the heavens Maya." Riley said hugging me. We both fell into a fit of giggles as we all three walked over to the lockers, I helped Riley with the locker combination before I heard someone snicker behind me.

I was frantically shoving my math books into my locker before I heard laughs come from behind us

I was frantically shoving my math books into my locker before I heard laughs come from behind us. I turned around and saw three guys leaned up against the blue lockers, staring at us. One of them being, oh, you guessed it, Friar.

"Hey sugar." One of the boys winked at me. He had dark skin and black hair. I rolled my eyes. "The new girls pretty fine, don't you think." He said to Lucas and the other boy, eyeing me up and down. I swear that my face lost all of its color. Lucas stiffened up, but his facial expression was still stern, until the other boy, who had brown curly hair and blues eyes said something.

"Maya Hart and Farkle Minkus. Have you tapped that yet Farkle?" He cooed as all three of them laughed. And I suddenly did something I normally would never do.

I stepped in front of Maya and Farkle.

"How much farther can your attitude be shoved up your ass?" I spat. Lucas looked at me, as the other two laughed. The brown haired guy walked up to me, setting his face right in front of mine. I saw Lucas stand up from the locker. "Listen sugar, why don't you and your pissy little friends scurry off to class before things get any worse." He gave me a cold smile. I smiled back. "Listen 'sugar', why don't you and your ass-hole friends leave me and my friends alone. And let me get one thing straight, I may be new but I won't take your crap." I pushed him back. He looked almost shocked. I turned around and grabbed Maya's arm, and walked off with her and Farkle.

"Damn Riley!" Farkle gasped. "Riley you didn't have to do that. I would've whooped their asses." Maya said. "I couldn't just let them talk to you guys like that. Trust me I know how it feels." I said quietly, not really wanting to go into detail. I may act confident, but truly I'm still trying to find my place in this world. And this worlds pretty big. I guess you could say I'm kind of lost.

"Ive only known you for like what, five minutes? And you already stood up for me. Thanks." He gave me a wink. I laughed. "Thank you." Maya said sincerely. "Anytime. Now let's get to class." I said as I followed Maya to the classroom.

A/N: Ehhh I don't think i really like this chapter

A/N: Ehhh I don't think i really like this chapter. Oh well. At least we got to meet Farkle! And who were Lucas's friends? Hmmm. Lucas was quiet wasn't he? And damn Riley, GO GIRL! Hope you guys liked this chapter though :)